season 2 | chapter 13

A L E R T

A L E R T

Please don't skip this otherwise you'll
be confused in the long run.

I've decided to make 2 major changes to the story.

1) ESTRELLA is RENAMED TO ASTROPOLIS because I like the sound of it and always wanted to have a city with a star-themed name combined from two words with greek origin.

2) ALL CHARACTERS ARE 18 FROM NOW ON INSTEAD OF 17. I made that decision because the story has more mature, darker themes, especially part 2, plus the dialogues and the manners of the characters in many cases fit more to the spirit of a new adult. I will try to change both the ages and the city's name in the synopsis and in the necessary parts.

I know I've been missing for a month, but I'll be explaining in the author's note the reason which I do hope you read. It's important to understand why.

Nevertheless, thank you so much for your patience and happy reading!!

Pavlina xx.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

ALL HILARY COULD register was the sound of Selene's voice.

At first, she couldn't process the gravity of the name her mother called her by. It rang a foreign person, a different existence. It was a name she couldn't get used to, nor did she want to.

Selene could have shown some respect for her and her father, the one behind the brilliant name Hilary grew to love as the years passed. It derived from the Latin hilarious, holding the meaning of cheerful and hilaris which came from the Greek ἱλαρός (hilaros). It was beautiful, and as much as Asteria could be too, it wasn't of importance; not when it wasn't her.

Hilary wished for the heart beating wildly in her chest with a fierce rhythm to settle, but both of them were aware of the reality. It wasn't feasible at the moment and it was okay.

Picturing Selene with vivid colors in her head as her father described her mother's beauty to her was one thing, but living the image through her own eyes was another. It was terrifying and thrilling at once.

She was the epitome of fairytale beauty, the one it was impossible to get tired of. Selene stood before her donned in a white dress with blue hues as the sunlight bathed her fair skin, splaying wonderful colors on her elegant attire. The symbol of a white crescent moon on her forehead presented the power of her status and her blond curls fell with grace on her shoulders.

Hilary found the courage to rearrange her thoughts and emotions. She absorbed her mother's aura. On the outside, she radiated kindness, but the austerity of her brown eyes—identical like hers—warned her to stay on guard.

She couldn't fathom why she responded the way she did, but she wasn't sorry about it.

"That's not my name."