season 1 | chapter 19

"ALL WE'VE BEEN doing so far is nothing," Tyson said

Kai threw him a sideways glance of annoyance. "You don't achieve anything by complaining."

"And I don't achieve anything by keeping my mouth shut," Tyson retorted.

The teams had jumped into the ending of the waterfall, where the water was stable and accepted the stream from the beginning that rushed with incredible speed. Thankfully magic had worked in favor of the girls and they saved themselves the embarrassment of stripping to their bikinis in front of the boys of their year the moment their bodies splashed into the water.

Each team had a water bearer, a significant presence in order to open the gate to one of the Four Seas.

When Max completed the spell and they passed through the gate, they couldn't prevent the disappointment of staying at the Blue, or as many preferred to call it, the Miraz Sea. They could have at least made them travel to the Ralph Sea, the one known as the sea of the lordly Emerald. The stunning deep green water held an unfathomable royal beauty and only the best words were echoed from people who had gone to Ralph's kingdom in the past.

Even though her all-time favorite sea was the one ruled by the Veras, the Pink Sea, Lyla remained tight-lipped. The guys would make fun of its waters, the whole everything donned in pink concept not representing them. If they were given the option, they would have chosen the Mauve Sea ruled by the Lilacs in a heartbeat. The increased danger and the escape of some mutant creatures kindled their curiosity.

But that wasn't what they were here for.

They had been wandering for thirty minutes. Those thirty minutes were divided into fifteen of uncomfortable silence and fifteen of conversing and complaining they hadn't encountered a single soul or found a clue that would hint they were heading towards their target, the Silver Pearl.

Lyla turned her head to shoot a pleading look at Max. He was the most trustworthy person that could stop an argument in its early stages. She wasn't sure they would appreciate her contribution.

You're not sure if he would appreciate your input.

She shook her head with determination. His opinion was the least she was worrying about.

Max looked between Kai and Tyson ahead of him who carried the lead. He sighed heavily. "Let's just keep going. I'm sure we'll have evidence on whether the direction is right or wrong soon," he told them.

Johnny spun around with shrewd eyes, bracing himself for the unexpected at any time. There was no one following them or showing signs of wishing to attack them. "There's this eerie calmness I really don't like. It is as if weird energy has been spread around the sea."

"I think it's only logical, considering the fact that the Four Seas are being used for the Academy's purposes. I'm still surprised the Four Kings allowed their seas to be turned into fight fields with a 'treasure to find'," Lyla told him, using her fingers to form the quotation mark.