season 1 | chapter 07

"HE IS HOT!"

"HE IS HOT!"

Damn right he is, Lyla agreed inwardly.

Lyla was absorbed by the sight walking into the cafeteria with Tala in tow. And it was a sight to see.

He was a little shorter than Tala. His thick, angular fringe shaded an eye and he often had to push it aside. He would either move the bangs deftly with his fingers or shake his head to the right. He swung his head once and a group of girls sighed dreamily.

He didn't repeat the movement. Smart boy.

She was too mesmerized by the boy's entrance and Tala's existence wasn't registered immediately. Her eyes were solely focused on him, the room blurring into a mess of people who hazarded a guess as to who the newcomer was. He was undoubtedly new to the place. His unfamiliar face didn't light up a spark in her memory.

He wasn't drop-dead gorgeous and that was a subjective opinion. Her eyes weren't screaming hearts everywhere when he crossed over to the vending machine, Tala leaning patiently on the side. Her knees had the strength to stand, unlike the girls of the table behind her. They were giggling and conversing with eagerness the kind of wizard he looked like. "He could be a Majestic! The way he walks radiates aristocratic roots."

That was an exaggerated use of imagination. He hardly looked like a Majestic. The majority of the Majestics were artistic or specialized in a section, whether it was weapons, guns, cooking or anything else. Elemental Wizard suited him better.

Lyla mused his walking, an observation the aforementioned girl provided. She was glad to notice he was covering the distance with his back straightened and his head high. There were boys who had the tendency to resemble monkeys. They walked with their shoulders hunched, deeming the way manly. It wasn't manly. It was laughable and God forgive her for letting the thought sink in, but it was a demented illusion they had. Countless gym muscle-flexing wasn't proof they were men.

Men. Her inner self scoffed. They were far from acting like men. They were male in theory. On the surface, they were children who wrestled with each other for fun, some of them not taking seriously they were seventeen and they would go out on missions they had to handle individually or in teams.

She could do nothing about it. It was their issue to solve.

"He's so cute, but there's something fierce about him. It must be the hardness of his features and the sharp structure of his jawline," Noelle, her partner in Writing Class, commented as she strode to their table without sitting, passion in the motions of her hands. Lyla figured it had to be practice for another romance-themed essay and the corner of her lip twitched.

"Try feral for a change."

Noelle grinned. "Are you going to come to the Relaxation Area later? I could use some help with a chapter. Eveline's mixed feelings about Josh are freaking me out," she explained, a weary sigh with forlorn undertones escaping her. "My characters do what they want in this story, not caring about my input in the telling."