56: Brother and Sister

My updating schedule is so messed up right now lol

Uhhhhh so I have started to pile together a Spotify playlist called "Moonlark Turned Evil", but because I'm boring I've only added some classical music so far.

The account is called Jane_s. I think.

The profile picture is Dazai Osamu, so it's relatively easy to find. (He's an anime character, for my non BSD people).

PS. If you're not a BSD person, watch it. Unless you're under fourteen, in which case I would suggest you don't.

I'm praying no one judges my taste in music with the other playlists T-T (please no one do that)

So Norene Vacker is actually a canon character. She's not an original. And then Zenia came out in one of the earlier chapters--uh, it was Chapter 42: The Soft Feeling of Home.

The party isn't over with this chapter! We will be getting a lot of family drama in the next chapter, as well as the one after that, so buckle in!

Next chapter, the chapter after that, uh so what I mean is the third chapter from this chapter is going to be Sokeefe. Mostly. Plus some Elen and Fayn fluff.

Bonus points to anyone who can guess where 'Double Black' is from. (It's a reference, and I'm kind of looking at you here, my good old friend and anime fanatic Barbara).

Wow. I think that's the longest author's note I have ever written.

Anyway, goodnight!!

I promise I'll update the new chapter next week, when it should be uploaded lol!!

Bye bye *waves*

There was near complete silence in the ballroom as Fitz released Damien's hand with force, pushing him backwards and away from Biana.

Alvar reached the three of them, too late (as always, echoed through her mind), and headed straight for her, putting his hands on her shoulders. "Are you alright?" he asked, his breathing still even despite how he'd just run across the room. It was another reminder that he'd been happily living in the Neverseen while she'd been struggling on her own.

Biana wanted to push him away more than anything, but she smiled up at him and said, "I'm alright. Thank you." She was aware of the way Della was giving them dagger eyes, and knew better than to make the spectators believe that the siblings of the Golden Child (Fitz) were on bad terms.

Two seconds after their exchange, Alden was turning on his heel to find Lucrezia—and find her, he did. No one spoke as he strode across the room, eyes filled with a burning fire that Biana knew was only caused by how Damien had almost hit Fitz.

"What is the meaning of this?" Alden asked, his voice quiet and threatening.

Lucrezia bowed her head, her fingers trembling. Biana felt the rush of happiness that came with the revenge package, strong even though she hadn't wanted an apology. "I apologize, Emissary Alden. I will make sure to punish my son for his actions."

Alden looked like he wanted to press the matter further, but he didn't. His precious son was nearly hurt, but of course his public image meant more to him. In this situation, Biana was the one who'd sustained the most harm, and he wasn't going to risk being called an overly protective father merely for her sake.

"Mother!" Damien cried out, nursing the hand Fitz had gripped. "It's not my fault! She threatened to kill me if I didn't hit her! She probably just wanted the attention!"