Inktober Special: Castle

You underestimate

The amount of times

I wanted to make Kesler swear

In this chapter-

You also underestimate

Howmuchikissgirls— UM SETTING BAD JOKES ASIDE (no seriously i have no one to kiss lmao i dont even have irl friends😃)

But also i haven't been using curse words in the actual story this whole time so it would be kinda weird to start now

Meh maybe I will later, at some crucial moment

Anyways imagine Kesler was seconds away from just screaming FUCKING HELL at the top of his lungs the whole way through (idk why he's irritated either)

Oh wait i did use the word "ass"

Does that count as a curse word

This author's note is way to long, i'll let you go to reading land

Kesler Dizznee was five minutes away from throwing slime bombs everywhere—at least one for each of the Councillors. Three for Emery. Maybe he'd hold back for Oralie and Kenric, perhaps for Terik and Bronte, too. They seemed to be the only voices of reason left in the Council.

Since becoming a Councillor himself, he'd realized just how corrupt these elves were. He'd known it before, but he hadn't thought it was this bad.

It made him glad when Sophie contacted him with the news that the plans for the rebellion were progressing smoothly.

The Councillors' castle stood proudly, gleaming in all of its glory, at the center of the nobles' city in Ezria. When Kesler stood at the very top of that central tower, he could gaze out across the entire city, see the shining white of the houses that were separated from each other by extensive land. He could see the wall—and beyond that wall were the tightly packed houses of the Talentless' city, tiny stone roads winding in between.

"Don't you ever get bored of the view, Councillor Dizznee?" a voice interrupted his thoughts.

Kesler turned.

Oralie Mephora stood on the other side of the room, facing away from him as she gazed out of the window.

The room was circular in shape, with gleaming marble floors and a round table in the center. Tall windows reached up from the floor towards a sharply domed ceiling, arching into a point as they got higher, and surrounded the room in a full circle. The windows only broke off at the stairwell, to allow entry and exit.

If someone with a human sniper rifle aimed through the glass, they would surely have an easy target.

But no one had a sniper rifle, because this was Ezria, and anyone close enough to assassinate the Councillors was completely loyal and therefore posed no threat whatsoever.

Kesler might actually be in danger, though—from the nobles, not the Talentless masses—since he was technically a 'commoner' himself.

He answered Oralie's question. "Nothing in the world is truly boring."

"Is that so?" Kenric Fathdom had ascended the stairs. "I'd like to protest that."

"Move aside, fool," Bronte Soksteyn snapped from behind him. "Spiral staircases in towers this narrow hardly leave enough space to breathe, and I'd prefer not to be trapped in here forever with only the view of your ass to keep me company."