59: Parallel 7045C (A Date With Time Part 2)

Someone guess who my favourite is, I dare you (you'll see what I mean)

Please no one kill me for not knowing anything abt politics-

I'M NOT TRYING TO OFFEND ANYONE OKAY-

I'M AN UNEDUCATED TEENAGER-

JUST TRYING TO WRITE A STORY IN PEACE-

Tearful 'thank you's to:

@hostilewriter for letting me info dump in our chat (I WILL GET THE FISH NEXT TIME I SWEAR),

and

@TheSausageFrog for helping me with names (and for sending me that geography video😭) (if you try to rub in the Europe-America thing I will publicize the screenshots I have of the Prime Mushroom).

Sometimes it randomly occurs to me that I wrote all of the 59 chapters in this book and published them. Over the course of a year. I was twelve when I started writing this, and I'm going to be fourteen in two months. Geez, sometimes I scare myself.

Okie see you guys next week

The pods whirred, the blue light rimming the glass surfaces glowing brighter.

Sophie arranged her features into an amused smirk, more terrified about how the fear and anger she was feeling was mild and barely noticeable than the fact that Fayn and Elen were being experimented on.

"This lovely machine was developed by none other than myself," Gisela was boasting. "Its features were originally designed to be incorporated into Stellarlune, but Lodestar rejected the device, so it was built into a separate entity as a machine."

Maybe she's finally gone insane, Sophie thought blandly.

IT WOULD BE WONDERFUL IF THAT WAS THE CASE, her Discesion agreed.

Y'know, I should probably make up a name for you, Sophie told it as Gisela continued to talk. She was starting to get dizzy, noise pounding in the back of her head. Calling you 'Discesion' or 'my ability' is just stupid. And weirdly possessive. I'll call you Disc.

DISC? the newly named Disc snorted. WHAT A RIDICULOUS NA—

{NAMING COMPLETED}

WHAT THE HECK, crossed Sophie's mind. Disc displayed its agreement.

{UNNAMED ABILITY HAS EVOLVED. CASCADE SUPPLY DRASTICALLY INCREASED. HEALING UPGRADED. ABILITY HAS BEEN GIFTED THE NAME 'DISC'. USER SOPHIE FOSTER MAY NOW ACCESS THE MAIN CONTROL PANEL}

Sophie stood there, chained to the wall, far too confused to be concerned about Gisela's odd machine. I'm sorry, what?

OOOO, NOW THIS IS GETTING INTERESTING, Disc said, mentally cracking its fingers.

. . .Is the author going off the rails again?

I BELIEVE SO. BUT WE'RE NOT GOING TO TELL HER BECAUSE THIS UPGRADE IS TOO GOOD TO BE DELETED.

Mind telling me what the main control panel is? Sophie asked, a little snappishly.

I'M STILL FIGURING IT OUT. Barely four seconds later, she had a response. IT SEEMS THERE'S A SECTION ABOUT THE GAME, WHICH WE SHOULD CHECK OUT LATER. IN ADDITION, THERE IS AN EXTENSIVE RULE BOOK FOR . . . IT JUST SAYS "PARALLEL 7045C - KOTLC".