Inktober Special: Remove

Okay so this is a literal bullshitted character study (dont ask why im making a character study on my own ocs-)

I got a comment at the end of the last special that made me really think (thank you ICraveViolence for that) and I decided to write "Remove" about this particular duo because of it

So I really think that Blaze and Fayn are similar to Jiang Cheng and Wei Ying from MDZS (i know none of you are familiar with it, but anyway)

I actually didn't write their dynamic while thinking of the Prides of Yunmeng, but I saw the comment and thought it, combined with the storyline, really reminded me of the MDZS fandom's relationship with Jiang Cheng

And that intrigued me because i am a weird person

Anyhow this chapter was so hard to write😭

Fayn hadn't exactly forgiven Blaze after the apology.

That wasn't to say he hadn't appreciated it—there were people in the world who would never say sorry no matter what happened, children and adults both—but so much had happened between the two of them that he felt like a simple sorry couldn't make up for it all.

Rayli and Serena both seemed hesitant, too. Fayn had been the main target, but they'd been shouted at enough to make them wary of the Pyrokinetic.

Only Elen seemed to really want to give him another chance.

But Blaze was changing, and that was undeniable.

He rarely snapped, he held his tongue, he went out of his way to make sure they were all eating and resting well. Even if he hadn't forgiven him entirely, Fayn was thankful.

His thoughts remained muddled, though, and so he went to Gethen for advice.

"Forgiving people?" Gethen repeated thoughtfully. "I think there's no perfect piece of advice for a certain situation. Some people find it easier to forgive than others, and that's just the way it is."

That wasn't exactly helpful.

"What would you do if you were me?" Fayn asked.

"Kill him," Fintan said, from beside Gethen. (He'd been there when Fayn had arrived, and it made him stop and think for a minute about if he'd actually ever seen one of them without the other one nearby). The Telepath glared, and Fintan rephrased, "okay, don't kill him. Beat him up. Give him a good walloping. If he says anything afterwards, then don't forgive him, but if he accepts it, then you can be friends."

"Isn't that the same as bullying?"

"It's called revenge, Fayn."

Fayn stared.

Right. Fintan was not someone he wanted to cross in the future.

Time proved that he hadn't needed to go to his seniors for advice, though. Blaze went about forgiveness the same way Fayn had done it when he'd tried to mend his relationship with Sophie.

It was like water falling into a stone basin one drop at a time, slowly but surely filling it to the brim.

Maybe, Fayn mused as he reminisced, the reason I forgave Blaze was that he took the effort of putting things back together without expecting anything in return.

One month later, Blaze was the only one awake when Fayn staggered through the door of the Sea Dragon Guild's headquarters, blood dripping from several wounds. The Pyrokinetic was up and rushing towards him in an instant, slinging one of Fayn's arms over his shoulders to support him to the couch.