The King of The Beasts

"Come on kid, what are you waiting for?" Guy shouted at the fallen Luffy in front of him. "Is that all the future king of pirates has got?" he taunted him with his finger. 

Luffy was heavily injured and struggled to move a muscle. Even so, he wasn't one to give up that easily. He gathered every last bit of strength in his body and forced himself to get up. "I-I am not done-"

Crunch

As soon as Luffy stood on his two legs, Guy appeared right next to him and dealt a heavy blow to his abdomen, cracking his ribs from the inside. 

"GUAH!"

Luffy let out a final cry of pain before finally losing consciousness. 

...

..

.

"Huh!" 

"Are you feeling alright, Luffy?" He looked around to find himself lying next to a bonfire. Ace, Reyleigh, Luminous and Guy were sitting around, waiting for the food to be cooked. 

"Food!" Luffy immediately grabbed the first edible thing he saw in his vicinity and began filling himself up. 

"Wahaha You just returned from the verge of death and the first thing you care about is food? That's quite something." Rayleigh laughed his bit off, amused by the energetic young boy before him. 

"That's just typical Luffy for you. My brother hasn't changed a bit," said Ace with a smile. 

"Hoh? The two of you seem full of energy already. Wanna have another sparring session with me?" said Guy.

"What? No. At least let us have our food in peace before inviting us to die again!" said Ace. He looked down to grab his bit of food, but (not) to his surprise, there was none left. "Luffy you idiot! Why did you eat my food too?" 

"Yggh, s'gud! Sh-gg... gblgb" 

"The hell? Don't talk with your face stuffed to the brim!"

"Wahaha You guys are fun." commended Guy, interrupting the small quarrel between the brothers. A gentle smile appeared on his face. "I hope to see you get strong soon."

*

"Come on. Don't be like that!" complained Parona after she threatened to leave Kuraigana Island for the 10th time. 

"No."

"Please!" 

"... I don't like to repeat myself. As I said, an inexperienced such as yourself will not be allowed to hold Yoru. It is not a toy for your entertainment."

"Awww I just want to touch it-"

"No means no," declared Hawkeye. 

"Meanie!" 

"Anyways, it's time for me to go out now." He got up from his seat, put on his coat and hat, and prepared to leave. "I won't be back here for another month or so," he added. 

"Huh? Where are you going this time?" asked Parona curiously. "Didn't you already take care of all your duties after the war?" 

"Hmm. Today, I have to go out for a different matter," he said. "I got an interesting call from a friend of mine. It was interesting enough for me to not ignore it." 

"Huh? You mean that time you were talking about some 'challenge' or something with someone on the snail?" 

Hawkeye looked at her and nodded. "Yes. It's about that. Also, I will be taking Roronoa with me."