The Star Cult

'It's another beautiful day,' I thought sitting on the couch of my newly established office. It's been over a month since the war at marineford ended and since then a lot of new things have happened, and are continuing to happen. 

"Hey, Ciel. What do you say," I said, looking at the beautiful monument out the window, which they all like to call 'The Statue of the Great Overseer,' which in reality is just a statue of me with my slime form on my head, looking at the progressing nation with its graceful eyes. "Since there's still a year and a half before the time skip is over, why not go out on another small adventure?"

<Affirmative, Master,> replied Ciel. <That is a good idea to pass the time although->

"It is finished, Rimuru sama!" a tall, white man wearing a white uniform entered the door. "The Star district's construction is over and it is ready to be settled and bustle as soon as you grace it with your presence." 

"Ah, I see. That's good to hear." I got up from my seat and picked up a blue scarf. "Tell them I will be there in a bit." 

"Yeah, Rimuru-sama," said the man with a bow. "Do you need me for anything else?" he asked. His eyes darted left and right with anticipation and excitement.

"No, that will be all," I said, comforting the restless soul. "The progress of Star Tempest has been going rather well under your care. I am glad I left you in charge, Akuta-kun." 

"You embarrass me, Rimuru sama," he replied. "I would never have been able to do so without Diablo sama's guidance." 

Akuta was a gentleman, humble and strong, and his posture always eluded a strong sense of justice that was different from Akainu. A former marine himself, he didn't waste any time changing sides as soon as we showed him the reality of the organization called the world government and its 'benevolent' rulers. As a result, we trusted him with the rumble-rumble fruit, whose previous user was um... Enu...? no. Ener... no... uh-

<His name was Enel.> 

Ah, right. Enel. Seeing his devotion and willingness, we also appointed him as the bodyguard and guardian of Atla, the fairy girl and her brother whom we rescued from that Celestial dragon back in the day, along with the many slaves, whose resettlement he also looks after. Looking back now, I can say with confidence that I do not regret that decision. I should say, the guy reminds me of Rigurd in a lot of ways. 

"That's all then. You are free to spend the rest of the day however you wish."

"Alright then, before I leave," said Akuta, a worrying frown appeared on his forehead. "I should warn you ahead of time."

"Huh?" What could have happened to get him so concerned? Did we get attacked by the enemy behind my back? But that's impossible. The Star Tempest, which it is called now, used to be an ancient island impossible to find under normal circumstances. Even if one were to find it with a fluke, the sea around it is always unrested with a fierce storm filled with giant sea beasts. The navy will need at least an admiral to even stand a chance at crossing it, and I don't think they can spare one at such a critical time. But then-

"It's about the evening. I suggest you be prepared," he said, stepping out. "The people have been very eager to see you." Leaving me with those words, he walked out of my office. 

'The people have been eager to see me? But why has that got him so worried?' I wondered, unable to figure it out.

<Master, it likely means->

'He must have been too overworked to worry about simple things as that,' I concluded. 'I guess I should give the guy a few days off.'

<...>