chapter 11

"Where have you been?"

Harry rolled his eyes, closing the door behind him as he stepped into the room, making a B-line to his bedroom, head down.

Malfoy stepped in front of the door, blocking the way. 

"Please, just leave me alone," Harry said, still staring down at the floor.

"No. I came here thinking that you were here, but you weren't. Where were you?"

Harry shook his head. "I was getting my manky twit self out of your life for a bit so you could talk to your friends. Took a walk, that's all."

He could feel his heavy head lifting, the world around him becoming foggy and distorted. He nearly sighed in relief, closing his eyes at the feeling of bliss slowly overcoming him.

"Potter- fuck-"

Harry's tilted his head up, his eyes opening and meeting with pale grey ones. He blinked a couple of times then laughed, watching the two Malfoy's in front of him blend together then separate each time he blinked.

"Fuck, what did you do?"

"Didn't want to hurt anymore, they don't hurt me, make me feel better-" Harry stumbled over his words, a small smile playing on his lips.

Malfoy reached out toward him and Harry whimpered, retracting back from him. 

"You- You hurt me. You promised-" he mumbled, his words stumbling over each other. 

"I know, Potter, I'm sorry-" 

"Don't know why I trusted you.-"

"I didn't mean to! I promise, I just- I don't know what came over me-"

Harry was shaking his head, his arms hugging himself. "'M so tired... 'm sorry, it's my fault.."

Malfoy grabbed him then, causing Harry to focus in on him. 

"It's not your fault, okay? I'm sorry. I'm so sorry. Okay? I don't want to hurt you, I won't again, I'm sorry," Malfoy was saying, his voice pleading.

Harry just stared at him, his brain focusing like a camera on his features.

Malfoy had really grown into himself. His skin was perfect, poreless and smooth. He was still pale as ever, that and his blonde hair making him a winter storm of a man. His gaze was like ice, sometimes smooth, sometimes deadly. Harry's gaze drifted from his eyes to his cheeks to his lips, then shot back up to his eyes, the picture his eyes were taking becoming distorted sometimes. 

"Potter. Potter? Hello?"

Harry snapped back to reality, the room swaying. A wave of nausea hit him, his head pounding. He realized he was breathing heavily. Taking an unknown amount of pills was not the best idea, in the grand scheme of things. He suddenly felt like he was going to collapse, his knees buckling.

"Help," he managed to croak, feeling tears start to well up in his eyes.

He nearly collapsed, Malfoy grabbing him by the waist at the last minute, keeping him upright.

"Fuck, what did you do?" Harry heard Malfoy's voice calling, his vision going in and out. 

He was then looking in Malfoy's face again, he'd crouched down, his hands on Harry's cheeks, forcing him to look the other in the face. 

"How many did you take? What did you take?"

He sounded panicked. He looked panicked.

He doesn't actually care. He's doing it for McGonagall. Not you.