Chapter 3

Tony and Bruce spent all their hours on your chip, or at least, what could be your chip if it were to work out. The one thing they had to do now was to get Wanda in on it.

They knew she wasn't going to take it well, not in the slightest, but they needed her for this just as much as they all needed you back.

Bruce decided not to be a part of this as he would much rather breathe for a couple more years, unlike Tony who apparently had a death wish with the idea.

And he made that his task, he's had his opportunities over the past few days since bringing Bruce in but he always backed out, covering up the question with something stupid like the time he asked if she knew why she had red hair.

But he knew he had to get it done otherwise this whole thing could fall apart in seconds without the backup plan that was needed, that being to know your past to give you those memories. But in order for that to happen, Wanda needed to create them to put them on the chip. It's confusing but it's science, science is always confusing.

Taking in a deep breath, he knocked on her bedroom door and crossed his fingers reacting the words "please don't answer, pleaser don't answer, plea- Oh!" he chuckled nervously, brushing his hands on his shirt, "hey Wanda." He smiled, looking behind her to check that she had no company.

"Is everything okay Tony?" She asked him, confusion and concern written across her features as she analyzed Tony's stressed state.

"Me? pfft. Of course." She narrowed her eyes on him and opened her door wider to give him access but he didn't take that as an opportunity to step inside, something he had already noted not to do, "I was thinking of something."

"Something?" She repeated, her hand on her hip as the other held the door open.

"Well, a birthday gift." He shrugged, checking down both ends of the hall to make sure no one had yet appeared.

"Whose birthday is it?" She questioned, eyebrows furrowing as she tried to remember if she was about to miss someone's birthday.

"No one's birthday."

"You're being weird." She concluded, sighing as she folded her arms over her chest, trying to study him without reading his made out of respect for his privacy.

"Okay, this is weird but I want to do something for Nat." He told her, a firm nod to his head as he met her eyes with a confident hold.

"I hope you're not about to tell me you're trying to ask her on a date." He gaped, shaking his head rapidly, his face scrunching in disgust and disbelief.

"Ew, no, of course not. I want to give her a gift but I need your help with that."

"My help? why?" He sighed, pinching the bridge of his nose before shaking his head and walking away. But unlike the other times, Wanda followed.

He instinctively headed for the elevators and up to his lab, waiting for Wanda as she rushed behind him to join him on his ride up.

He didn't say anything when she got in and neither did she. The two ascended to his lab and when they stepped out, Wanda looked around with raised, impressed eyebrows. He led her over to what he had been working on all this time, something so small with so much meaning and maybe she'd get it right away, maybe she wouldn't.

He picked it up carefully and held it up in front of him for him to see, "this gift."

"What is that for?" She asked him, eyeing it with curiosity and when she reached out to take it, he pulled back and placed it back down.

"I wanted to do something for her, it's not much but it's something." He shrugged with a weak smile, getting ready to tell her part of the truth, "I know it's a lot to ask, but I need you to recreate Y/n's memories with Nat, like you were reading her mind and see it all from her view."

"Tony, I-" She shook her head, not knowing what to say, "I don't think I have the ability to do that."

"Can you please, just try?" He sighed, silently begging her for this.

She studied the question, letting it linger in the air as she thought about it for a long moment, contemplating whether or not she should even attempt this all for a gift.

Sure it would mean the world to Natasha, but she also knew it would hurt just as much seeing it all from your perspective. She really thought about it, letting it sink deep into her skin and that's when she knew she was the only chance they had to help her friend, so, "I'll try my best."

Tony sighed in relief, smiling up at her brightly as a silent thank you.

"But for that, I need to know what those memories were."

"I already have that part planned out." He smirked, hoping he would be able to gather everyone at a party, get them. drunk so they would talk endlessly about their times with you.

It all made sense to him, to him it was a good, smart idea, all he needed to do was announce the party, set it up and then he was good to go. He's Tony Stark at the end of the day, he was capable of anything he attempted.

Later on in the day, he started the part planning. Clearing everyone's schedules was a must and making invitations for everyone who had good contact with you to be able to get their stories with you from them.

He could do it with much ease, and that's exactly what he did.