Chapter 9

Stepping into your old room at the tower, you groaned at the sight of how much you needed to pack up. You've been holding it off for weeks now, but you knew the room could be used for better use to Tony, so it needed to be done, and it needed to be done now.

Thor had helped a little by giving you some empty packing boxes for all your belongings to fit in and Steve had offered you a hand, but you declined knowing you preferred to get things done on your own as too many people in your area caused you stress for a reason you couldn't pinpoint.

Going over to your dresser, you began wearing out what was in there, from your pajamas, undergarments, socks and whatever else you had once shoved lazily inside. You hated that side of you with passion, why couldn't you just be organized all the time? It would make your life so much easier instead of needing to rummage through your whole room to find one simple T-shirt, or shorts or whatever it was you were looking for at the time.

You dumped the massive pile of clothes onto your bed, like you always did when you would pack to make things easier for yourself and began to fold each piece of clothing to place them in the right labeled box; starting with legwear, pants, shorts, you get the point.

Music played in the background, not that it was something you needed to function, you weren't the biggest fan of music, having never grown up with it. There was something about noise constantly being in the background that threw you off as you wouldn't be on your toes, and you could miss something small due to your guard being down which could lead to you being captured when your attention was elsewhere.

"How are you getting on sunshine?" The voice made you jump and proved your point of never liking music as it was times like this that startled you.

"Good, thanks. I'm halfway done yet there seems to be so much left." You groaned as you shoved the pile of shoes you had gathered into a separate box.

"Need some help? I'm free right now," Wanda offered smiling sweetly at you from the door.

You were about to decline the offer, wanting to get it finished but you couldn't say no to her, so you ended up agreeing quicker than you thought.

She came in and started packing up all your books, pictures and other decor. She turned the music up louder and started humming along as she worked, but this time you didn't mind it as your best friend was here and who would really do you wrong in the compound? You loved everyone here, they were your family, the family you never had growing up.

Sure, the start was patchy, rough and very bumpy, but the people around you grew to be the people who you would put your life on the line for, and you have done but they proved how much you want to them by giving you that back. It was always on your mind when everyone was sat with each other and you would be sat with Nat just soaking up the sight, moments like those made you realized how lucky you got to find people who loved you so much they would do anything for you, it really amazed you how much each one of them cared for you.

How Wanda would be there to talk to you about anything, or the time she helped you understand your own powers plus being the first person to believe you when you said you weren't a threat to them. How Bruce was the one who fixed said powers, literally saving your life. How Clint would be the one to joke around with you but also took a shot in the leg during battle for you, and that was before he even knew you could heal yourself. How Thor would always make you laugh with his comments and would be cuddlier than you could think when seeing his build. How Pete would choose to come to you to talk about his latest school project, often asking for help because he liked your company and the way you thought along with trusting you enough to talk about the new girl in his life. How Steve gave you his fatherly speeches to help you improve in training, not that you ever needed it, but he's helped you in many ways just by being there. Kate became like a little sister to you, always finding a way to cheer you up even without knowing it, and how you were the person that she once looked up to. How Yelena became one of your favorite people to be around, and not just because she was your girlfriend's sister but because she was genuinely one of your best friends, she listened to you rant about the people in your life that would strike a nerve and would tell you exactly what she thought. And we can't forget Tony. He was like your dad, he was always there for you, each time you fell he was by your side making sure you would be okay. All the way to the time you lost your life, and he loved you that much he spent months of his life, his own time away from home just to bring you back. One single person. You meant so much to him that he wasn't ever going to give up on you.

And of course, you're sweet, loving Natasha. She's been there for everything. There hasn't been a time where you've needed her and she wasn't there, she's done everything in her power for you but the main one being, she loved you. She was in love with you. She is. And nothing could ever change that. She waited all that time for you, and you never once left her mind for a split second, there wasn't a thing you couldn't thank her for.

"I think we're finally done." Wanda noted aloud, looking around the empty room with her hands on her hips.

"I think so," you agreed as you copied her actions feeling proud that you had finally got the big challenge out of the way.

Tony had already made it clear that Happy would take all your things over to your house and you tried to protest it, but he waved you off already having the decision made.