Chapter 25

You learnt that the woman was called Valkyrie, you liked her and loved the humor she seemed to have, the two of you got along well in just a short amount of time. Maybe too well as you didn't miss how Nat would share some questioning looks between the two of you. You could tell she was drunk, she was already tipsy when you arrived home and with the hour that passed, so were the drinks between all four of the girls, excluding yourself as you were enjoying being sober for the rest of the night.

You'd heard a lot about Valkyrie, mostly from Thor but you never thought to ask to put a face to the name, you didn't know how she came about being in your kitchen with the other three, but you just guessed that she was close to the other women that were here. It would make sense, they all, apart from Yelena, seem to know her very well, which could only tell you they've spoken a lot in the past.

As time passed you felt yourself becoming less tired, which was a surprise considering you'd had many problems with almost falling asleep during the day, but the interaction between the five of you must have woken you up. Nat wasn't very talkative for some reason and only you seemed to notice it, everyone being too drunk to even notice any weird vibes from anyone.

"I must say, Y/n, Thor has told me a lot about you and It's so nice to finally meet you, I've been looking forward for this to happen." Valkyrie smiled from across the table next to Wanda before she took a sip from the beer she held in her hand.

"It's nice to meet you too, sorry I wasn't here earlier I've had somewhat of a busy day." She it off telling you it was fine whilst Yelena and Wanda started chatting about a show, they both wanted to start watching.

"Can I ask you something?" The question came out unexpectedly and you could tell by the way she was speaking she was more drunk than the other three women, Wanda close behind her.

"Sure."

"How did you come back to life? Thor explained what happened, he was a wreck, but I never knew how you became to... live again." The table fell silent, Nat cleared her throat as she shifted in her seat a little uncomfortable by the question, but Valkyrie was too far gone to realize the sudden switch up in everyone.

"Uhm..." You glanced at Nat, her shoulders clearly tensed and her face telling you she wasn't happy about it, "Tony worked on a chip that I have in the back of my neck, a lot of sciency stuff." You shrugged, hoping the topic would turn around to help Nat relax and thankfully it did when she replied in a simple 'ahh' before turning and picking up a conversation with Wanda.

Rising from your seat you made your way over to the fridge to grab yourself a bottle of water, feeling the thirst begin to set in. Yelena turned to Nat, trying to start a conversation with her when she got bored speaking to herself, but Nat wasn't engaging in the conversation with her. Closing the fridge door, you turned around when Wanda laughed loudly at something Valkyrie said, everyone's eyes snapping to the two, "She's not single, no" Wanda got out between laughs, "although I do have to say I did have a crush on her for a while when she first came."

"You had a crush on who?" Yelena spoke up, suddenly interested in their conversation, hoping someone would speak with her so she didn't feel left out.

"Y/n." Wanda replied, and you watched as Nat's jaw twitched, clenching as she pieced together what was happening.

"No way!" Yelena laughed with her, but you were still processing how your best friend once liked you. Sure, you and Nat would joke about it in the past, but you never once believed it, the two of you were purely platonic. Even after hearing the added information, you weren't going to see Wanda any differently, you'll always love her as your friend, and nothing changed that.

'Yes!" Wanda giggled, bringing her hands together like a prayer, pressing the tips of her fingers on her lips as she leant back finding it funny, "I even kissed her during a game of truth of dare, crazy times."

"Jealous." Valkyrie replied in a joking manner, but Nat didn't find it funny, staring daggers at the girl. You went to sit back down, walking past Nat on the way but she swiftly put her hand on your waist and pulled you down to sit on her lap, arms snaking around your waist protectively.

"I want her to leave, buttercup. She needs to understand that you're mine." Natasha spoke lowly, her eyes never leaving the glare that she had set on Valkyrie, or maybe even Wanda. You couldn't decide.

You followed her gaze and watched and Valkyrie continued her conversation, oblivious to how Nat was feeling but you chuckled lightly, leaning more into her hold. "She knows I'm yours, baby.' You told her as you placed a kiss on the side of her jaw.

"No, she asked if you were single. Which doesn't add up because she saw me kiss you when you got here." You knew she was right, but you also knew she was drunk and probably forgot about what happened when you first got here. Instead of saying anything back, you leaned into Nat and captured her lips into a slow but meaningful kiss to get the message to Valkyrie hoping it would ease Natasha's nerves knowing she wasn't happy about everything Valkyrie had said throughout the night.

"Feeling better?" You asked her once you pulled away and she glanced over at Valkyrie who must have been looking because she met your eyes again with a small smirk on her lips before replying:

"A lot better."

The night didn't go on for much longer that night, it ended when Yelena fell asleep with her head on the table, so everyone decided to call it a night. Natasha kept you up for a good half an hour ranting about how ridiculous and disrespectful Valkyrie was and you listened to her, knowing she'd feel better about it the next day. She fell asleep soon after she expressed what she was feeling.

A few weeks had gone by, and you hadn't seen anything of Valkyrie, which Nat was happy about after the events of the other night, but today you had promised to spend some time with Peter as you haven't seen him much after both you and Nat resigned.

He wanted to do so many things all in one day but you knew it was near impossible, so the two of you decided on four things for the day: Go karting, go to the movies, a meal somewhere and to end the day with ice skating with Nat, Wanda, Yelena, Kate, Thor and his classmate MJ.

It was going to be a long day, but you knew it was going to be fun, it took a lot of convincing to get everyone to agree, especially Nat, but once she saw that everyone else was happy to go, she agreed, and the day was planned out well. Before the others joined, they were doing their own thing.

Wanda was decorating her room at the compound, Thor was on a mission with Cap, Kate was going to spend the day training with Clint, Nat and Yelena were going to Yelena's apartment to spend some time there and as for MJ, you didn't know. It was going to be a good day.