Chapter 24

"You brought me to a random house? In the middle of nowhere, seriously? Is this you planning to kill me and dispose of my body?" You wondered aloud, stopping in your steps when Tony began to walk closer to the front door of the large house, smaller than a mansion but clear enough to show whoever it belongs to has money.

"No, I'd much rather not have a red head assassin torture me for the remainder of my life," he sighed and rang the doorbell, "if you opened your eyes a little you would see the 'for sale' sign to your left. I'm thinking about buying it, but I wanted to spend the day with you, to completely bore you that is."

"Thanks a lot Tony, I really appreciate it." You rolled your eyes and the front door opened, a young, tall dark-haired woman coming into eyes view.

"Tony Stark, it's a pleasure," she held her hand out for him to shake and he did with a polite smile, "right this way." She stepped back to allow the both of you inside and you already knew this was going to be a long while of standing to the side whilst your older friend spent his precious time debating whether he wanted to buy the house or not.

The tour began, and you barely listened to what the woman was saying when she told the two of you the measurements of each room, she led you to, your favorite so far was easily the living room. It was much larger than you would have guessed from the view outside, a fireplace sat comfortably under the tv, and the couches were a nice cream color, very modern looking but you already knew Tony would change it all up with the most advanced technology you could think of.

Other than how modern it looked; it was still very welcoming with each room that you were both welcomed into. Four bedrooms, three bathrooms, one downstairs, one ensuite and the last sitting at the end of the upstairs hallway. The rooms were large, decorated to a minimum, which wasn't really your style when it came to a house, but the space seemed to be enough for Tony to work with, that would be two spare rooms dedicated to all his projects that he may wish to work on at home.

The kitchen itself was beautifully laid out, the gray cupboards and wooden worktops went well together, especially the island that sat proudly in the middle of the space. You liked it, and from the look on Tony's face, he did too although it didn't seem like his style, which was quite a surprise.

She finished the tour by showing the backyard, very spacious with the area filled out great with a pool, shed and gardening area. "Is there anything else you would like to know?" The woman, whose name you had learnt was Cassidy, questioned as she looked between you and Tony.

He answered her by asking her some professional questions about price, electrical details and whatever else he said that you chose to ignore. It all sounded boring to you anyway and you were already growing tired, your mind drifting back to Nat as you wondered what it was, she would be doing right now.

The two shook hands and before you knew it you were back in Tony's car heading back to the compound. "I liked it, what do you think of it?" He broke the silence as he came to a stop at a red light.

"Me too, very big so it suits you," You told him and laughed a little, Tony side eyeing you as you did, "get it? 'Suits you',"

"That was terrible."

"Come on, that was good. Suits you." You laughed again before you began to yawn, the tiredness really growing on you.

"I heard you, don't repeat it until it's a good pun." You rolled your eyes and slumped back in your seat, the car rolling again when the lights turned green.

"So, are you going to get it?" You asked him as you rolled the window down to watch all the cars you pass on the way, mentally imaging the scenario to be a race that the two of you were winning in.

"Did you not see me sign the papers?"

"Nope," You answered simply, not understanding how you completely missed that part considering it usually takes a while to complete. It almost had you thinking you fell asleep at some point of it, but you were certain that you didn't.

"Well, I did, kid, Pepper and Morgan will be over the moon with it. Pepper's always talking about moving somewhere else." He told you as he turned the radio up just enough for the music to hit his ears.

"You've never told me about that." You looked at his side profile and he shrugged, waving it off.

"There's a lot of things I don't tell you about Micro." He laughed at his own words and your eyebrows scrunched in confusion, "get it? 'Micro'? Microchip. You have a mi-"

"I get it and it was awful."

Once you got home, you could only dream about getting the sleep your body was craving because the smell of takeaway flowed through the house followed by the sound of laughter coming from the kitchen. You followed the sound and saw Nat leant against the wall by the fridge, a glass of wine in her hand as Wanda, Yelena and a woman you didn't recognize sat around the table.

"Oh, hey. You're home." Natasha smiled as she waved you over and you gave her a subtle questioning look as you approached her. "How was the day out with Tony?" she asked as she kissed your lips in a greeting, ignoring the silent question you gave her.

"It was good, he took me to view some house he bought. Hey guys" You greeted the three girls around the table, and they all replied in some form of greeting, "very tiring, but it was a nice day out."

"Why don't you go get some rest? They'll all still be here in the morning." She recommended as she lightly rubbed the side of your arms once she set down her glass.

"It's okay, I'd rather enjoy the company." She smiled at your reply, kissing your temple and the amount of affection she was giving you made you want to question it, but you were more than happy to be receiving it.

"Come on Y/n, take a seat." Yelena called as she pulled out the seat next to her for you to take and you smirked at Nat subtly,

"Do you think this is a good time to propose now?" You teased, going back to your conversation from a couple of nights ago and she rolled her eyes at you, gently pushing you forward towards Yelena not bothering to reply.