Chapter 10

'Y/n! Y/n!" Peter rushed into the kitchen, almost losing his balance on the hard floor.

"Hey kid," You laughed at his flushed state clearly out of breath from the running he had just done, "everything okay?" You asked him to make sure this was something you shouldn't be laughing about.

"Yes, everything's awesome! We need you," he told you trying his best to catch his breath back.

"What is it?" You asked him as you cleaned your hands quickly but followed him to where he was taking you.

"Okay so you know how I've been asking Mr Stark if everyone could play like a huge game around the compound?"

"mhmm" You replied, nodding your head as you listened to the younger boy ramble.

"He's finally agreed." He beamed and you laughed, telling him it was great news.

He led you further away from the kitchen until you reached the meeting room. You looked around to see he had already gathered everyone, and you held back your life when you saw the annoyed expression on each person's face. Your eyes landed straight onto Nat, and she rolled her eyes with a small smile, silently telling you what she felt about all this, but you shot her a warning look as you knew this was what Peter had wanted for the longest of times.

"Can you believe he called a meeting for this?" Tony asked you when you took a free seat beside Steve and Nat.

"A game seems fun." You shrugged as you tucked the seat further into the table so you could use it as a rest for your elbows.

"A game is for children." Steve spoke for Tony and Peter pursed his lips, looking like he wanted to throw away the whole idea.

"No, I think a game is a great thing to do, I mean no one has work, missions or places to be and really, you all know you enjoy them plus you're all getting old so loosen u- OW!" You glared at Nat from beside you as you jumped back at the contact, "what was that for?" You asked as you used you reached under the table to rub your shin soothingly after the impact of her boot.

"You just called us old." She defended as she smirked at you and you could hear Wanda stifle her laugh, you wanted to give her a look of warning but ignored it.

"No, I said 'some' of you are getting old, not you."

"Uhm, no you said all of us." Bruce corrected you and you slumped into your chair with a huff, crossing your arms over your chest like a child that had just been punished.

"All against me and for what?" You muttered under your breath and ignored when Nat sat forward to catch your eyes.

"What was that?" she asked you, intertwining her fingers that rested on the table in front of her, but you ignored her completely by rolling your eyes and swiveling your chair to face away from her, "such a child." She scoffed and sat back in her seat.

You ignored Wanda's quiet laughing and how Bruce seemed to look back and forth between the two of you and the tension that had seemed to grow, the sound of Peter's foot tapping against the floor was the only thing to be heard and you could tell everyone began to get uncomfortable but cautious of what to say because everyone knew what could go wrong when there's an annoyed Natasha and Y/n in the room.

"We can play it some other time, or not at all," Peter suggested, now feeling awkward from everything that had just happened.

"No, it's okay kid we want to play, right guys?" Wanda encouraged as she looked around the table and everyone replied in different forms of a lazy 'yes.' Apart from Nat, who was now in a mood with you.

"What game do we have in mind?" Happy asked Peter when nobody else did and the younger boy beamed at him, happy that someone was interested.

"Hide and seek, but in pairs. There's 8 of us, it works out great!" He tells everyone and looks were shared around the table before Tony sighed before agreeing to the idea. "I'll be the seeker to start with, and I'll pair with..." He looked around the table as he seemed to think deeply about his answer, "Wanda!" he decided on and she smiled up at him as she quickly clapped in excitement.

"Okay so we have Peter and Wanda, Happy do you want to go with Steve?" Tony suggested, as he waited for his reply.

"Of course." The two men replied in union.

"Great, Y/n you go with Nat-"

"No." Nat cut him off and you looked at her, taken back by her sudden answer but she didn't look away from the man.

"No?" You questioned her as you sat forward to look at her like she did all those minutes ago.

"You heard me, absolutely not." Her answer made you scoff, shaking your head as you fought the urge to stand up and leave, "Bruce, you're with me." You couldn't believe what you were hearing, but you tried your best to leave it how it was to not ruin the day.

"It's me and you then, kiddo." Tony told you and you forced a smile as everyone began to stand up to get ready to play the game.

You all went over the rules to say where was out of bounds and the time limit needed. It was all simple, nothing major. The seekers base stayed in the meeting room so everyone, but Wanda and Peter left to hide elsewhere as they counted down from 90.

Neither you nor Tony could decide one where you wanted to go, but you ended up jogging from room to room to find the most suitable spot.

It didn't take you long until you were in the car garage hidden in a cleaning closet that was usually big for something with not much use, but you didn't question it. Really, you never even knew it existed but what reason did you ever have to go in there?

The lights were low to prevent it seeping through the cracks of the door, and the two of you were silent in hope of not being found yet. You didn't know who else had been found yet, but you were guessing at least one pair had as it had already been 10 exceedingly long, silent minutes. And you hated it.

The silence ate at you. The scene with Natasha before sunk into each part of your brain, eating you from the insides and you questioned how long it would take for it to reach your skin. What did you even do? Sure, you were being childish, but she was the one that kicked you, if anything, she was the one in the wrong.

You let out a deep sigh which caught Tony's attention, "are you okay there?" he asked you as he tapped his finger against his lips, something he seemed to do when he was thinking.

You weren't going to talk to him about Nat, not for any good reason, but because you found this a good opportunity to question him about something else that had been playing on your mind.

"My powers, they're gone? Is that... normal?" You questioned, taking a seat on an empty mop bucket to give your legs a rest.

"I should have explained it to you better, we replaced the chip, but I didn't recreate your powers. They're what killed you, Y/n." He explained and you nodded understandingly, but how you wished you still had them.

You felt like nothing, useless, a nobody.

"Oh." Was all you could say, you didn't know why but you couldn't think of anything else to say.

"I know we talked the other day about getting you back into work, and I told you I've been working on an alternative for them, something much less than what they were once able to do only for your safety. We can't lose you again, but I don't think Nat is too-"

"Found you!" Wanda flung the door open, and it startled the two of you. She made a happy cheer and called out to Peter that you and Tony had been found but you knew you had to talk to him again about this as you didn't know how to live any other way.