Chapter 17

The house lay dark, all windows blank from any lights from the inside. Nat was already home, as her car was parked outside but it was already late having been at Kate's a lot longer than originally planned.

It was already 11:35pm and Natasha would most likely be asleep by now, always having the earliest night she could possibly get. Checking the living room when you entered, there was no sign of her, so it only confirmed she was upstairs asleep already.

You took your shoes off before going upstairs and made sure to grab a bottle of water just in case you needed a drink during the night before making your way up the stairs.

Cracking open the door and slowly pushing it open, you saw her figure lying on the bed comfortably on her side as she snored softly. The sight made your heart melt, but the sting of guilt stuck, since losing you she never liked falling asleep without you by her side, but she must have been so exhausted that she had no other choice.

Quickly doing your nightly routine, you threw on some pajamas and climbed into bed next to the redhead being careful not to wake her.

You lay on your back beside her, staring up at the ceiling not feeling tired yet, you took the time to think about what Kate needed from you. You couldn't lie to Nat, and you weren't planning to do so either, tomorrow you had to tell her everything and if she didn't like the idea of you being the one to help, she would find someone else to help Kate along the way.

Kate may not like that idea, as she would have gone to them in the first place plus how she reasoned why she chose you, but if she was in any sort of danger, no one would hesitate to help her out.

Finding Natasha's hand by your hip, you carefully took it in yours as you drew light circles with your thumb on the back of her hand, a comforting action for the two of you, even if she were asleep to even know it was happening.

She moved slightly and you stopped your movements, waiting to see if it had woken her up but instead, she moved closer to you, draping her arm over your stomach and you smiled to yourself before turning on your side to face her, taking in her soft features under the little light that the streetlamps provided. Her long lashes and perfectly shaped brows brought out the details, the shape of her nose that you just adored and her lips, perfectly plump and so soft even after battle with nasty cuts. There was nothing about her that you disliked, she was just so perfect, and you couldn't believe how far the two of you had gotten together.

If someone you never knew was told about how the two of you acted with each other before gaining feelings, they would have never believed you. Because really, who would believe that two people who were so in love once tried to kill each other along with all the threats that came along with it, because you knew if you were that person, you would think they were having a joke.

"Goodnight, my love." You whispered before planting a light kiss on her forehead as you lay back down to try your hardest to get the sleep you desperately wanted.

The next morning wasn't any different to any others, the same routine and the same amount of laziness wrapped around the two of you in the cold air of the morning. Except one of you woke up on the wrong side of the bed, and let's just say you were feeling like a kid on Christmas for no apparent reason.

You hadn't yet asked Nat what had her moody this morning, but she didn't seem to be stressed about anything so you knew it wasn't anything major which meant you were able to tease her about her grumpy mood and by her rolling her eyes and the need to hold back her smile showed you it was just one of the days that everyone gets.

"I have such a cool idea," you grinned, as you swung your legs sitting on the kitchen side and she raised a brow in question as she looked over at you, "how about we go to an aquarium today?"

"How old are you? I don't want to spend hours of my life staring at fish, Y/n." You huffed, you wanted to protest but when Nat says no, Nat means no.

"Would you prefer huge bones? You're a little weird like that." You thought aloud, staring out the window to open your thoughts and tapped her thigh lightly with your foot.

"A museum?" She didn't look interested but for some reason you had a big urge to see the remains of history in a huge building after watching a movie about one that one night when everyone came over.

"Yes, I'm not talking about digging up a cemetery but now I think of it that sounds fun, oh! Especially at night, that could be so hot. Can we do that tonight?" You rambled and she looked at you in concern, "what?"

"You did not just say that."

"I was kidding," you rolled your eyes with a sigh, and she shook her head at you, clearly not pleased by your choice of words.

"We are never going to do that, why would you even suggest digging up dead people?" She threw a used spoon into the sink a little hard and you knew the mood she was in hadn't gone away.

"Can we go to a museum today please, Nat?" Her shoulders eased up when her back was to you, and she thought in silence for a moment.

"Why do you want to go so badly? They're boring and full of bones, what's so fun about that?" She had somewhat of a point, but you still wanted to go so badly and were going to convince her one way or another. Even if that meant telling her the both of you could go to see Yelena but pull up outside of the museum you had in mind.

"I've never been to one before, they look so fun and besides, history has always been something I've been interested in." She turned around and crossed her arms over her chest, watching you to find any fault in your expression to try catch if you were really being serious about it.

"Fine." She sighed and you grinned up at her, resisting the urge to jump off the side and hug her in excitement like a child would do to their mother in a gesture of great appreciation.