Part 1

<Birds are chirping>

<Father knocks loudly on your door>

"Vivian, wake the hell up, you lazy bitch! If you sleep in, I'll kill you! I'm tired of getting calls from your school!"

*I wonder whose fault it is that I dont get enough sleep*

God, how I hate waking up in the morning. I despise everytime the sun shines in my eyes, when I clearly want to sleep forever.

I get up and take a shower, throwing on my clothes, and heading out to school. Obviously, with the sweet sweet encouragement of my father calling me slurs and dishing out insults.

I walk into class as the bell rings, and the History Teacher shoots daggers at me. "You're almost late again, Miss Verline." I frowned at the name and reluctantly walked to my desk. "My last name is Zhu, Mr. Langston." He sighed and nodded at me as he started the lesson.

[Fifteen minutes into class]

I was trying not to fall asleep while listening to the lecture, and thankfully, my little 'friend' helped me out greatly by throwing paper balls at the back of my neck the entire time.

(God damn it, Andrew, will you cut it out.) I whispered, yelled at him while he grinned cockily.

(Yeah sure Viv of course.) He smirked and looked towards the teacher.

I hate when he calls me Viv, but at least he stopped throwing stuff at me. Just as I was about to refocus my attention, a paper ball hit me on the side of my head.

I looked over to see Nicholas, one of Andrews buddies, laughing quietly at me. I grew irritated and yelled at him.

"Could you guys fucking not?!?"

The teacher turned around immediately and yelled.

"Miss Verline! Go to the office!"

I looked at Nicholas then back to him in disbelief.

"But they were -"

Mr. Langston cut me off and pointed at the door.

"You're interrupting my class, now leave!"

I got up and sighed, grabbing my bag and walking out.

*My last name is Zhu, you damn idiot*

I arrived at the office and waited for the principal.

The door opened and the vice principal walked in and looked at me kindly.

"Miss Zhu, here again?"

She is the only person I tolerate in this school. She reminds me of my mother.

"Hey, Ms. Chen"

She unpacked her bag and walked over to the coffee machine.

"Let me guess, Mr . Langston?"

She giggled and waited for me to confirm her prediction.

I nodded my head, and she waved me over to her office. "I'm going to write you a notice. And about calling your parents.."

She paused and looked at me, and I shook my head in dissagreance.

She nodded and handed me a slip.
"As much as I adore you, Vivian, I have to abide by the rules. You have a weeks detention."

She gave me a blue detention slip and put her hand on my shoulder.

"Now, is there a reason you're up here, Miss Zhu?"

She raised her eyebrows in amusement.

I stared at her before remembering the reason I'm up here and gladly told her exactly who got me sent up.

I walked through the hall to the detention center when the overhead came on, and I heard Ms. Chen.

"Can Andrew Keir please come up to the front office? Andrew keir, please come to the front office. Thank you."

The lunch bell rang, and I continued to walk to detention a bit more content.

I sat in the room for a few minutes, enjoying the piece and quiet when Andrew suddenly burst into the door.

I rolled my eyes, annoyed with myself, as I forgot I'm the one who told on him.

He looked at me and smirked, still a bit angry that I'd gotten him in trouble. But y'know.. gotta get payback, right?

He walked over to the chair on the other side of the room and kicked his feet up on the one in front of him.

[10 minutes later]

/Vivian! <Glass shattering> I close my eyes as I hide in the closet from my father. He's drunk, and I make sure we never cross paths when he's drunk. Otherwise, I'm just blindly walking myself towards the gates of hell.

"Vivian! Get your ass over here right now!"

My father yells, and another glass breaks, causing me to flinch and accidentally hit the door.

I covered my mouth in horror as my dad turned and faced the closet I was in.

I heard footsteps slowly approach the door, and then they stopped. I wait a few minutes in silence and then let out a quiet sigh of relief. Just then, the door was thrown open, and my dad was standing there furiously.

He grabs me by my hair and throws me to the ground.

"There you are, you little bitch."

He gets down onto one of his knees and starts tugging at my top as I lie on the ground crying.

"Please, no! Stop, you fucking rake! Get off of me!"

|Rake Definition: noun.
A dissolute or immoral person, especially a man who indulges in vices or lacks sexual restraint.|

He slapped me across the face and left a cut on my cheek.

"Shut up you little slut. This wouldn't be happening if you hadn't been born. If you hadn't killed your mother, this wouldn't be happening to you. This is all your fault!"

I cry and fight him until my limbs grow sore. I stop moving and he laughs lowly.

"Finally give up, huh? See? You like it, you just don't want to admit it."

I layed there and cried in pain, knowing that I was too weak and too tired to get away, and I let him have his way with me./

"Vivian, wake up!"

I jolted upright in my chair to see Andrew in front of me.

"What? Why the hell are you yelling at me??"

He looked at you, annoyed, and shoved his hands in his pockets.

"Because you were crying in your sleep, and it was getting on my nerves."

He looked up at the ceiling, away from me, and rolled his eyes.

"You cry like a damn child."

I paused and felt the tears on my face and wiped them off with my sleeve.

"Whatever, my bad."

He walked back over to his chair, and we sat in silence until the end of lunch came, and we headed to our next classes.