Part 5

English class started, and I continuously nodded off as the lesson went on. I guess I was too shaken up from last night to sleep properly, again.

I really should try and get some rest wherever I can to avoid falling asleep in class. I don't want to get sent up to the office again. As nice as Ms. Chen is, she won't be there to help me every day. And God might have to if I ever come face to face with the actual principal.

My professor talked about "The Great Gatsby" and how it reminded him of his great grandpa back in the day. As quiet and attentive as everyone pretended to be, it was quite annoying considering he was making us read and write an essay on  "Crime and punishment" by Fyodor Dostoyevsky by the end of the period. 

The sight of his ass sticking right in my face as he bent over to talk to the students next to me made me want to pass away. But somehow, I managed and got on to the next period.

Next period was science class. Of course, I have Andrew and his beloved mates in the same class. I can't wait for the dreaded hell I'm about to walk into.

 *Oh how I love sarcasm*

I got into science and set my backpack under the tall table and sat at the stool, waiting for my classmates to walk in. After a few minutes, Andrew and the others came in and made eye contact with me. I expected them to come over and mess with me

Instead, they walked to their tables and sat down quietly. I was surprised, but I wasn't complaining. I guess their love for boxing really does keep their behavior in check.

Luca and Vince sat at the table towards the back of the class, next to Andrew's table. Nicholas was sat across the classroom from me with some random girl, but they would always flirt so I'm sure he was perfectly fine with the seat he was given at the beginning of the year. 

And last but certainly not least, Andrew and Zac were sat at the table next to me. We were basically in a straight line against the wall, excluding Nicholas and his might as well be girlfriend, who were on the other side against the wall closest to the door.

In the middle of the room was the teachers desk, where she kept most of the supplies like beakers, flasks, test tubes, and thermometers.  The teacher walked in and set down her briefcase, most likely filled with papers with the instructions for our lab today.

We don't usually do labs, but today, Mrs. Norris decided she would give us our final exam early so that this period could be a resting period for us during our actual exam week. She walked around the class and handed everyone their exam papers. 

She stood up in front of the class and gave us directions.

"Alright, everyone, today is your final exam! You all need lab coats and safety glasses, as well as gloves. We're going to be doing, 《Thermite reaction.》 So paying close attention is extremely necessary today! Please make sure you read the directions and add the correct amount of ingredients, or you could cause an explosion a bit bigger than necessary, and you could get injured. Do you understand?"

The class agreed, and we all went to put on our lab coats.

"Class, please take off any extra clothing, like jackets or sweaters, and roll up any long sleeve shirts! We don't need any extra clothing that could potentially catch fire!"

I stopped in my tracks. Mrs. Norris never had us roll up our sleeves before. And I definitely can't take off my jacket. I spoke to Mrs. Norris about my sweater, and no matter how many excuses I made, she wouldn't let me keep it on. 

I told her that I catch colds easily when exposed to colder weather, so she gave me her lab coat in exchange. It covered my neck, so now all I had to do was get my sleeves rolled up and the lab coat on without anyone noticing my neck and my arms.