Part 15

/There was a loud banging on the door. I jumped out of bed and hid inside the closet.

"Vivian! I know you're in here you little bitch! Get the fuck out here now!"

I heard a clanking noise and my skin started tingling. It was muscle memory at this point. He was going to take his stress out on me with his belt.

But he uses the metal part too. I can't miss classes this week because of bruises. I'm already eligible for suspension because of absences.

I would try to talk it out, but that's not going to happen.

"Vivian!"

He stepped closer to the closet, his side facing the door as he looked over at my messed-up bed.

My breath hitched and I slowly covered my mouth.

He looked down at my blanket that was leading off of my bed and towards the closet door.

Shit. I fucked up. He cracked his neck, and a deep stomach-turning groan came out of his throat.

"You disrespectful girl.."

He slowly turned to face the closet door. I could see him staring at me through the blinds.

"Don't you know to come when you're called... I work day and night for you. And this is how you treat me? "

"You foolish fucking slut."

He ripped open the door and dragged me out by my hair, throwing me onto the ground.

"Stop it! Please!"

He kicked my stomach, shutting me up.

"You want to be disrespectful, I will treat you the way you deserve to be treated."

He winded his hand back to hit me, and I shut my eyes tight, bracing myself./

"Stop it!"

I shot up out of the covers, screaming.

I looked over at the empty chair by the bed.

"It was just a dream?..."

I whispered to myself, and Andrew quickly ran into the room.

"Vivian?!"

He had a frying pan in his hand, an oven mitt on the other.

I looked at him confused and shook my head.

"Sorry. I had a nightmare."

He sighed, walking over to the bed, and placing his knee at the edge, putting his arms behind me.

*You could at least put the pan down.*

He pulled me into a hug, which was very awkward due to how stiff he was.

"Uhm..That sucks."

Jesus Christ, he really sucks at showing any type of sympathy.

"Mhm.. now let go."

He rolled his eyes and stepped back.

"I'm trying idiot."

I snickered to myself.

"I know you are. Now, are you going to explain why you look like a mother cooking for her three children?"

He looked down at the oven mitt and frying pan in his hands.

His face turned a bit red and he grit his teeth.

"Humans need to eat, ignorant Zhu. I'm making steak and garlic rice... and pan-fried potatoes."