Part 24

We arrived at the grocery store after about 15 minutes of driving, which I found absolutely outrageous.

There was usually a corner market around the corner from my house. It was only a three-minute walk.

We entered through the automatic doors of the grocery store. He grabbed one of the carts, which was squeaky clean, and started walking down the aisles.

"Here's the grocery list, bug."

I looked up at him and scrunched my brows.

"The fuck did you just call me?"

He didn't answer and shoved the list in my face. I rolled my eyes, taking the list and reading it.

Grocery List:
□Milk
□Yoghurt
□Bagels
□Strawberries
□Pineapple
□Boneless chicken thighs
□2 NY Steaks
□White rice
□Tomato Paste
□Canned Tomatoes
□Cilantro
□Carrots
□Broccoli
□Avocados
□Butter
□Pasta noodles
□Fettuccine Sauce
□Tomato Sauce
□garlic
□onions
□bell peppers
□potatoes
...

"Holy shit.."

He looked at me with a questioning look.

"What?"

I slowly turned my head to look at him and shouted.

"How the hell do you have money for all this!?"

He quickly covered my mouth and looked around the store to see if anyone was staring at us.

"First off, stop shouting-"

I cut him off, moving his hand from my mouth and whisper shouting at him.

"I haven't even finished reading the list yet. What'd you do, throw out all the food in the fridge and cabinets??"

His eye twitched a bit and I jerked my head back, making a face at him.

He quickly grabbed me by my shoulders.

"The only thing edible in that fridge is apples and condiments, Zhu. Shut up."

He snatched the list from me and pushed the cart forward to the vegetable aisle.

"And what the fuck is an NY Steak? Shit sounds fancy."

He side-eyed me and went over, picking up some broccoli and placing it in the produce bags.

"It's just New York-styled Steak, Zhu. It's not fancy."

He grabbed a few more produce bags and filled them with cilantro, onions, Carrots, Broccoli, Bell peppers, avocados, and garlic.

"Jeez man, go easy on the veggies."

We turned to see Vince standing there with someone.

I quickly recognized her from one of the photos Zac showed me the other day.

That must be Vince's little sister.

What did happen to Zac?

"Oh shit. What's up, man?"

Andrew walked over, dapping up Vince.

"Oh, we came to the grocery store to get some new furniture."

....

"What do you think we're doing here?"

Vince laughed and Andrew punched him in the arm.

"Whatever bro. How's it going, Anna?"

The slightly shorter girl standing behind Vince and poking at some watermelons on the stand next to her turned around and smiled.

"I'm good how are you?"