Part 29

By the time we had pulled in front of the hospital, I was out cold from blood loss.

The doctors came out with stretchers, putting me, Anna, Andrew, Elizabeth, and Max on them.

We were all rushed to rooms and Anna and I were taken to intensive care.

While we were being operated on, Max sat outside Andrew's room, waiting for the doctor to come out.

The doctor said he was fine, but his mom needed a bit more of a thorough check-up.

The doctor finally came out and Max stood up from his seat.

She smiled at him, patting his shoulder.

"He's had a lot of Hydromorphone injected into his body in the last 24 hours so he'll be asleep for a little bit. He's also got a minor concussion, probably from falling over, but he's perfectly fine in every other area."

Max smiled at her and exhaled.

"Can I go in?.."

She nodded politely before walking away to document his information.

He walked into the room and sat down in the chair next to Andrew's bed.

He just stared at him, an outburst of thoughts running through his head. 

"You're my big brother.. you look different from the small bits I remember. You look sad.."

He frowned, tearing up.

"I hope that wasn't my fault.. I tried to remember what you looked like everyday. This definitely isn't what I expected. But with all you've been through on your own, I'm surprised you don't look worse.."

Andrew shifted in his bed and slowly opened his eyes.

"Dumbass.. I wasn't alone."

There was a knock at the door, and Nick, Vince, and Luca walked in. There eyes had a bit of a tint to them, but they were still smiling.

They stood around Max, patting his shoulders and ruffling his hair.

"Long time no see little man."

Max smiled and turned back to look at Andrew.

"The guy in the building.. that was.."

They all got quiet and the air in the room stiffened.

Andrew spoke up, answering him.

"Yeah.. Zac."

Max frowned, apologizing for bringing it up.

"And the girl screaming in the car.. who's that?"

Andrew clenched his jaw, quickly standing up from his bed and rushing towards the door.

Nicholas stopped him.

"You shouldn't be walking right now man. You just woke-"

"Move."

Andrew looked livid and afraid.

Nicholas sighed, stepping away and Andrew stormed out of the room and to the reception center.

Nicholas walked after him and Vince turned to Max.

"Her name is Vivian-"

"Zhu?"

The two boys smiled at him, messing up his hair again.

"Yeah, Zhu. And she's the girl your brother is in love with."

Max laughed and stood up, all three boys walking out of the room and following the boy running down the hall to intensive care.