Previously...

Previously in the last book, "An Amourshipping Story" Ash traveled along with his friends in Kalos. Soon he finally reached the Kalos League. He became a Pokemon Master and was about to stay in Kalos when someone unexpected appeared.

When Serena and Ash, went out in the forest to thinking about whether or not Ash would stay in Kalos, an unexpected storm came and rained down on the two trainers. They ran, around hoping to find shelter until eventually they found a cave. When they found it, two other trainers were stuck in the cave, waiting for the storm to calm down as well. Those two trainers were Calem and Misty. Serena and Ash both experienced jealousy as they saw each one of them talking to their "long-time-no-see" friend. Ash didn't know why he felt this way so he tried to push it to the side. Serena tried to ignore it and kept talking to Calem, to pass the time. Soon the next day, Serena was coming back from from the forest after she went to look for a route that led back to Lumious City, but when she came back she saw Misty and Ash talking so she hid behind a tree to listen. Misty gave Ash a ticket, for going back to Kanto with her. Serena couldn't help, but become upset over the fact and began to cry as she realized that this was probably going to be the last time she would spend time with Ash. Ash overheard Serena and he ran over, but Serena ran away from him, tears landing on the soft soil behind her.

Calem soon found her and had the same scene that Ash had with her at Summer Camp. Ash watched in the background, waiting for them to stop talking, mad about how she had that scene with Calem, but the ground shook underneath them before Ash had a chance to go talk to Serena. Instead, the floor underneath Serena fell apart and a large hole in the ground was appeared. Serena started to fall along with the falling floor, but then Ash catches her by grabbed her arm, but failed to keep her up and she fell down into the dark pit.

Ash and Calem went down the cliff, by flying down on Ash's Talonflame. By the time they reached the ground, they found a tunnel leading out of the hole. Ash and Calem followed it and found that it ended up back to the surface. While walking in the tunnel, Ash found Serena's ribbon that he gave her on the ground of the tunnel.

When Ash got the chance, he went to Clemont and Bonnie for help. Clemont took immediate action by bringing out one of his inventions. It was shaped like a Poochyena and could find anyone by sniffing them out. Ash let the machine sniff Serena's ribbon and Poocheyena immediately started to head into the direction of the forest.

After a while, Poochyena found the hideout and was able to show them by blowing up. Once they entered, it seemed like the whole hideout was just tunnels dug out into the middle of the mountain, until they reached a metal door. Clemont and Bonnie was stuck battling Lucario when Ash found it. Once he finally broke threw the door he saw Serena attached to some kind of machine that seemed to be keeping her in some kind of trance and a man that wore a black cloak over him, hiding his identity.

Ash went for Serena, but the cloaked man put a trap there, so that when anyone touched the ground in front of Serena it would shock them. Ash, fought threw the electric shocks as he tried to reach Serena. Once he finally reached her, he grabbed her arm, but before anything else happened he went back into Serena's memory. All of them that she remembered was mostly about him, at summer amp and the moments he spent with her in Kalos. He felt the emotions she felt on that day as each memory replaced another. Soon the cloaked man showed up and mumbled under his breath as he looked at we memories, scattered around them. Right before the cloaked man disappeared, he mumbled something, just loud enough that Ash could hear. He said that he would be back in 5 years for her. For Serena.

When Ash woke up from the trance he saw that Serena was looking down at him, her face showing that she was worried and scared. Wind lashed against his face, as he sat up. They were on top of Talonflame. Ash asked what happened and it turned out that Clemont came in and picked him up with his Aipom arm and the man in the black cloak ran off after he hit a button that he carried with him. They barely made in out of the hideout. When everything calmer down, Serena couldn't find the ribbon that Ash gave her. She searched for the ribbon, hoping that Ash wouldn't notice. How could she lose it? It was the day right before Ash was going to leave Kalos and head back to Kanto. She searched all night and day, but couldn't find it. When Ash woke up, he found her looking around for it. He asked what she was looking for, but she didn't want him to know she said "nothing". Ash came over an saw Serena trying to hide her left arm. Ash eventually made her show it too him and a big bruise and cut showed. He told her to have it checked with Nurse Joy and brought out the blue handkerchief that Serena returned to him. He tied to her arm and got ready to leave Kalos. When he said his goodbyes, he felt horrible, but he planned on coming back in 5 years.

And now, 5 years have passed. What will happen after all these years have passed?