Must be done⚘

Must be done⚘

What people don't talk about is the fact that loving yourself isn't easy.

People can say "I love myself." To me loving yourself is so much deeper than hearing yourself say those words out of your mouth.

Loving yourself consists of how you treat yourself, how you allow others to treat you, and what you consume whether that's food, music, the movies or shows you watch, etc.

It's a consistent thing.

You can't say you love yourself if you aren't good to yourself in my opinion.

Loving yourself is a journey.

Self-love is a battle.

And it's hard because you can't walk away from you when you don't like something about yourself. What you can do is have patience with yourself and work hard towards growth.

You can't leave you when you're tired of you.

Everyone else can though. Vice versa you can leave when you're tired of someone too.

Loving yourself means loving yourself through the good and bad.

Knowing how to take care of yourself when you're happy as well as when you're sad.

Giving yourself the best treatment, you've never had.

We can love ourselves better than anyone else on this planet because we know what we need.

We know how we can handle ourselves.

Oftentimes we're going to stumble across the paths of other humans who will mishandle us and then we're left alone to recuperate.

We're left alone to love on ourselves.

We're left alone to pick up the pieces we didn't break.

We aren't given a choice.

We have to love ourselves through everything.

We have to love ourselves even when we're feeling unlovable.

We have to love ourselves through our beauty as well as through our ugly.

We have to love ourselves through our neat as well as through our messy.

Loving yourself isn't easy.

Self-love can often feel like one hell of a task to do.

Through it all it has to be done by us.

No one on this planet can love you better than you can love yourself.

Self-love isn't easy.

That doesn't matter, it still must be done. -J.S.