Home sweet Home🏠

Home Sweet Home🏠

Coming from someone who has probably never seen one single healthy relationship in my life, I can tell when toxicity feels like home to most.

Yeah, I've been there.

I've heard the nonstop bickering and arguing.

I've heard the door slam.

I've seen objects getting thrown or smashed.

I've seen objects getting destroyed.

I've seen bruises on display.

I've seen black eyes.

I've witnessed the breakup/make-up game.

And even experienced it once me.

I've been in the middle of intense arguments to where punches were about to be thrown.

I've seen partners putting their partners out from their homes.

I've seen relationships in turmoil more than they were at peace together.

So, trust me I can tell when someone has gotten used to the toxic lifestyle.

If someone has grown up in dysfunction, constantly had dysfunctional relationships with their lovers and friends, came from a dysfunctional family, etc. Nine times out of ten that person is going to become a dysfunctional being.

They've gotten used to the toxicity.

Toxicity for them feels like home sweet home.

Constantly being around unhealthy relationships.

Constantly having unhealthy relationships.

It can really change someone.

It can either make them want different for themselves and become the opposite of what they've seen or experienced themselves hands on. Or it makes them keep the toxic cycle going because that's all they know.

Believe it or not, sometimes people don't intend on being toxic.

Yes, they can do something about it.

Yes, they can choose to make better choices.

But sometimes it's just something that some people can't escape.

For them it becomes their comfort.

And turmoil becomes their peace.

I'm starting to understand that for a lot of people toxicity feels like home sweet home.

That's because that is all they know.

So, instead of moving out they just make themselves right at home.

Toxicity feels like their home.

Toxicity is their comfort zone.

They have been around it for so long that they start to get comfortable.

Home is where most normally would feel comfortable if there is no dysfunction there.

But if you have people that do have dysfunction in their homes, in the place where they are supposed to feel is their safe place.

Toxicity for them starts to feel a lot like home sweet home. -J.S.