That's all🌹

That's all🌹

I found myself sad.

I gave someone I love a gift. They kept it for a while.

But yesterday I thought they were throwing it away as they were organizing their space.

It turns out they gave it to someone else we know.

And it made me sad.

It made me sad because I gave the gift to this specific person. I remembered getting the gift and if I wanted the other person to have it, I would've gotten it for the other person.

The situation only made me think of every gift I've ever given someone out of the kindness of my heart, knowing they'd love and appreciate it.

It turns out the gifts I would give them would get lost, given away, complained about, never used or worn, not cherished, I guess they would even forget I'd given them a certain gift. And that really hurt my feelings because I felt deeply unappreciated.

I'm a giver.

I'm a lover.

I'm very sentimental.

I just thought people would look at things with a sense of value and treasure the gifts as much as I did whenever I would be given something from someone's heart.

I guess I was wrong.

Maybe I was just being sensitive.

Maybe I was just being a crybaby.

Maybe I was overreacting.

It's just I'm the kind of person that believes in giving the people I love their flowers.

Not literal flowers.

But just showing them that they are appreciated.

Yet I find myself waiting for my own flowers.

I do things from my heart.

And all I want in return is to be appreciated.

That's all. -J.S.