SPECIAL CHAPTER

Anisha's POV

"Okay! Are you ready to learn magic?" Celes asked enthusiastically.

I stared at him with an 'obviously' look. He laughed in response.

Gods.

I can't believe that he will teach me holy magic when I'm a week away from my entrance exams.

Ugh.

But I guess I should be thankful. After all, I'm technically being taught by a god – the strongest one at that. Seriously, what else can I ask for?

"Before I teach you how to use my magic, I'll have you know that holy magic is very different compared to 3rd or 2nd class magic." – Celes.

Well, obviously?

"Do you know what it takes to be a holy magic user?" he asked.

Now, that I think about it, I'm the second person in history to ever have holy magic...

"Umm...Kingly features? I don't know! Except for me, only the first king of Altrea has been able to wield this magic."

He looked at me with a confused expression.

Was I wrong?

After a couple of seconds, his face returned to normal as if something has dawned to him.

"I forgot to tell you. No mortal has ever wielded holy magic. So you're technically the first." – Celes.

Eh?

Then the first king was not mortal?

"I can read confusion written all over your face, you know? The first king wasn't a mortal. He was a god, actually. A handsome one at that", he said and winked at me.

Wait.

Don't tell me...

"You're Altrea's first king???"

He laughed at my realization.

"Then how did you leave behind descendants? Can a god actually proliferate with humans?"

He smirked as if teasing me.

"The king after me was my disciple. I treated him like my own and made him take the last name "Altrea". That disciple is the ancestor of the current royals" he explained.

Gods. I swear, this guy just gives the important details on the worse times.

"Then that means, I'm the first person to use holy magic huh. Why is that?"

He stared at me as if the answer was so obvious.

"Holy magic only belong to one wielder. Unlike the other gods who can share their magic to mortals by blessing them, my magic can only be used by me or a human that I give it to"

Fuck.

I feel the pressure on this.

"Wait... if it belongs to one wielder, doesn't that mean that you won't be able to use it since you let me borrow it?"

He nodded.

"Technically, the only thing I can do right now is transform but that itself is a hard task. That's why I can only use this adult form since this takes the less amount of magic"

So that's why he's been appearing in his adult form since the magic awakening ceremony...

Somehow, I felt guilty. It's like I robbed him of his own magic.

"I know that look. You're feeling guilty, aren't you?" he asked in a joking tone.

I sighed.

"I mean, you're a god. But because you let me borrow your magic, you lost yours. If you told me earlier I would've borrowed magic from the other gods"