Chapter 11

CHAPTER 11

"Nisha! Where have you been? You took quite a while to just go to the restroom" Selene gushed at me as soon as I returned.

I scratched the back of my head and laughed a little.

"Sorry, I seem to have lost my way a little" I answered.

She looked at me with confused eyes.

Right? Who would believe that obvious farce of mine?

She was about to open her mouth and say something when the headmaster called out her name.

Whew, saved!

Selene merely shook her head as if in annoyance with the headmaster's timing but quickly proceeded in front of the latter.

"How are you, Selene?" – Jenkins.

"Ready to beat you up, Master" Selene replied with an evil grin plastered on her face.

I stared wide-eyed at the scene before me. Both their auras were serious as if they were both ready to slit each other's throat. If only I had a bunch of popcorn with me right now!

Selene was the first one to move as she took a step back and began to prepare herself to attack.

"Orion. Equip!" – Selene.

All of a sudden, she was enveloped by a large force of wind that looked like a whirlwind. She wore a relaxed and confident expression in her face as the wind began to grow stronger that everyone in the room began to cover their faces from the flying debris.

But that didn't last long.

When the wind settled, Selene stood wearing an armor made of water. My mouth gaped open. The water surrounded her body but it didn't look heavy at all. On her right hand was a bow made of water but she didn't have arrows.

"A beautiful armor indeed but... we're not in a fashion show right now are we? Bubble Barrage." – Jenkins.

A large number of bubbles began to attack Selene but she stood confidently and began to shoot arrows made from wind using her water bow. As if the bubbles were magnets, each arrow found their mark and created a chain of explosions.

"Bubble Prison" – Jenkins.

Another bubble began to encircle Selene and trapped her but she only smiled and began to shoot arrows from the inside.

Is she crazy?

Apparently not as after a series of shooting, the bubble prison disappeared but Selene had a few injuries from the backfire.

"Shooting your own arrows from inside the prison? I don't know if you are an idiot or a genius", Jenkins commented.

"Well, maybe I'm both. Heaven's Rain." – Selene.

A cloud began to form above Selene's head and rained gently. In an instant all her physical wounds disappeared.

"My! A healing spell! How convenient. But still lacking. Bubble Blasts" – Jenkins.

"Finally!" – Selene.

A huge blast out of bubbles appeared from Jenkin's outstretched hand and made their way towards Selene in an alarmingly fast rate.

"Chariot!"- Selene.

Before the attack could reach her, a huge mirror appeared made from water and countered the blast back to the Headmaster. Due to the speed, he was not able to dodge.

A clean hit!

The headmaster was sent back flying by his own attack.

BEEP!!!

And the alarm sounded.

The headmaster began to stand. He didn't have a single scratch on his body.

Eh?

But didn't that attack just hit him?

"Wonderful! A+ for you. You have indeed grown", Jenkins said with pride in his voice.

Selene smiled and nodded. Her armor disappeared as if it never existed.

She confidently made her way towards me with a huge grin plastered on her face.

"Congrats! You were so cool!"

She laughed as if she was embarrassed by my praise.

"Well, I still have lots to learn. I'm rooting for you" – Selene.

"By the way, why does the headmaster look fine? Didn't he just receive a direct attack? I just noticed that his wounds are nowhere to be found."

Selene glanced at the headmaster with furrowed brows and sighed.

"Well, that just means I'm still weak I guess. But it's also because the headmaster has insane recovering skills. Small wounds and grazes would heal in a matter of seconds without him needing to chant a spell for it."

Wow.

Now that I think about it, the scratches he got from the previous battles were nowhere to be found as well.

How frightening.

Doesn't that mean that he's almost immortal at this point?

"Anisha Luminire" – Jenkins.

Oh shit.

Well, guess it's my time to die. I had a good life.

"Oh it's finally your turn! Beat him to a pulp!" – Selene.

Oh gods. I think I'll be the one beaten to a pulp Selene.

My eyes wandered to the audience sitting in the bleachers. Ains and Bryce were looking at me with expectant eyes while Fred was busy flirting.

Gods.

The pressure.

"Middle name, please" – Jenkins.

I cleared my throat.

"Celes"

I saw him momentarily still at my answer but he quickly composed himself and smiled at me.

"Then I guess, I don't need to go easy on you" – Jenkins.

Death, I welcome thee.