Chapter 4

CHAPTER 4

When I was still living in my past life, I never really believed in the existence of a so-called "god"

If anything, I held on to the fact that if there ever was, that god was plain evil. Evil to the point that he didn't save my dying parents.

That was why I made a wish like that...

"For my first wish, I want to remember my past life and the time I spent here with you"

Celes looked shocked when he heard my first wish. Perhaps he was thinking that I'd rather forget all the bad things that happened to me in the past.

That wouldn't be fair.

In my past life, I blamed god. More so, when he told me that he accidentally killed me. But... I didn't want to harbor that same hate in my new life. I wanted to remember my past and the time I spent with Celes as a reminder.

A reminder that gods are not evil.

After all, no evil being would actually offer me a chance to reincarnate with 3 wishes granted as a bonus.

"Hey! Anisha!"

The snapping fingers in front of me brought me back to my senses.

"Brother, I'm sorry I wasn't paying attention. You were saying something?"

He stared at me.

"Are you sick?" he asked me in all seriousness.

I laughed.

"Of course not, brother! I've never been sick even once"

And I don't think I'll ever be.

After all, that was my second wish.

"For my second wish, I wish to possess a useful body."

"What exactly is useful?"

"A body that doesn't get sick. A body that is able to learn and endure physical training and skills."

That wish was made since I really hated the fact that I was always sick during my past life. In this life, I wanted to be someone useful.

Fortunately, Celes seemed to grant this wish of mine. Ever since I was born, I never got sick. Even now, at the age of 12, I've been very healthy. Moreover, I can even match my brother and the crown prince in terms of swordsmanship.

"Now that you say that...But still, you're still human Anisha. You may be stronger than most girls but I sometimes worry because of that. You're a lot more mature as well. It worries me that you always keep your worries to yourself"

Crap.

I really have a great brother don't I?

I smiled at him to reassure him

"I'm really fine, brother. I'm just a bit nervous for tomorrow"

"Ah! That's right, tomorrow is your magic awakening ceremony!"

I nodded.

"And with that, I'd like to excuse myself to get some rest now. Thank you for worrying about me, brother. Goodnight"

He nodded and I made my way towards my room.

Click!

After locking the door, I glanced at the window. My room had an adjoining gazebo where I'd often stay at to read during the day. I opened the windows and sat at the vacant seat.