Chapter 5

CHAPTER 5

Crap.

I am in deep shit.

Did something go wrong with the magic awakening ceremony?

"Be at peace, child"

The hairs from my nape started to stand up. It was the voice of the priestess. I glanced around my surroundings once more but she was nowhere to be found.

"Priestess? Where are you? No, more importantly, where am I?"

"You are now in the realm of the gods. Time does not move here. No matter how long you are here, in the real world it will only be just a split second"

"But why am I here?"

I heard a faint chuckle.

"This is where you will awaken your powers. Now, state the name of your soul and the gods will appear before you"

My name?

"Anisha"

I waited.

But nothing happened.

No god appeared before me. Then it dawned to me: the priestess asked for the name of my soul. If that's the case, I should identify my soul and not my given name.

Exhaling, I prepared myself. It has been a long time since I last said or heard my real name.

"Abrielle"

A flurry of dazzling sparkles began to crowd my surroundings. Orbs of light began to form, each a different color, surrounding me. The lights were warm and a little ticklish. They slowly formed a line and positioned in front of me.

"Child whose soul is not of this world, you have awakened us gods. What is it that you wish?" the black-colored light asked in a low but strict voice.

What I wish?

I've already had the chance to grant 3 wishes from Celes though...

Before I could answer, the light of pure white began to shine brighter that I closed my eyes to prevent myself from going blind. When the light faded, I saw a white-haired man with ocean blue eyes.

Familiar blue eyes

Familiar blue eyes.

Wait...he can't possibly be...

"Celes?"

The man smiled at me.

Fuck. I might as well go blind after this. That smile is beyond dazzling.

"I'm glad you recognized me, Anisha" he said while twirling a strand of his long hair with his index finger and took a few steps towards me.

"I have decided to bestow my powers to Anisha" he announced in a loud voice.

The lights in front of me flickered and scurried towards Celes. I couldn't hear their voices but judging by Celes' troubled expression, they were probably bombarding him with questions.

"Wait! I haven't agreed on that yet."

The lights finally stopped moving and Celes looked at me with a sad expression. He must've felt rejected.

I smiled at him apologetically.

"I wish to live a normal and average life for now. I don't think granting me divine powers will grant that wish of mine" I explained.

After a few seconds, I heard a roar of laughter.

Eh? Did I say something wrong?

"Quiet." Celes commanded.

The laughter subsided.

"Um...did I say something funny?" I asked Celes.

He glared at me and suddenly took my left hand with his right and pulled me towards him.

Woah. Why is this handsome hunk – I mean, this man pulling me?

His eyes pierced daggers into mine but despite my desire to avoid his gaze, I couldn't stop staring directly back at him. It was as if his eyes were hypnotizing me, slowly sucking me into their depths. I genuinely thought that I'd drown.

"Anisha, listen to me carefully. Do you know the price of borrowing a god's power?"

The price? Wait, so this was a give and take type of situation?

I probably had a troubled and confused expression on my face right now that Celes began to sigh.

"Let me explain, Anisha. Normally, a person's magic is granted by breaking the seal of their soul. The priestess has the power to do this so there is really no need for humans like you to come here in the realm of gods"

"So...I'm here because the priestess can't break my seal?" I asked

"No. You're here because your soul does not have a seal in the first place. Your soul is not of this world. Therefore, you have no magic to be awakened from the beginning"

Oh. Crap. So that's why he said I wasn't average. I couldn't live normally 'cause my soul is different from the souls of the people in this world.

"That's why the priestess sent you here to the realm of the gods. You are to make a decision, Anisha. Will you live a life without magic or will you borrow power from the gods?"

"But... if I borrow a god's power, what is this price that I have to pay in return?"

"Your soul"

My what?

"When you die, your soul will be owned by a god and you will have no choice but to serve that god."

Shit. I guess my life's gonna be more complicated from now then.

I can't choose to live without magic. If I do that, I'll be looked down and scorned upon by people again. Even if my family accepts me and tries to protect me, I'll be a burden to them. It'll be like my hellish past life repeating itself all over again.

On the other hand, if I borrow the power of a god, I'll at least have something to protect myself and my family with. But can I trust these gods? What if they just make me their slave? The 4 third class gods are said to be much kinder than the rest but can I really trust that?

"Anisha. Have you decided?" Celes asked.

...

"I have."

A/N: Hiiii!!! this is honestly my favorite chapter so far. Btw, here's a lil bonus pic of a 12 year-old Anisha 

 Btw, here's a lil bonus pic of a 12 year-old Anisha