Chapter 6

CHAPTER 6

Gasps.

That was the first thing I've heard the moment I opened my eyes when I returned from the realm of the gods. According to the priestess, no matter how long I spend my time there, it would merely be a second in the real world.

However, when I returned my body was enveloped in pure white light that lasted for about 10 seconds before it disappeared in to the air. Upon seeing the priestess' jolly expression, my parents automatically squealed with glee.

"Anisha! Are you... perhaps..." my mother was – for the first time in her life, losing her composure too much that she couldn't let the words out of her mouth.

My father and brother stared at me with expectant eyes.

Well, I guess there was no room for escape. Goodbye average life!

I did a little curtsy and smiled – one that hid all the discomfort I felt in reality.

"I am Anisha Celes Luminire, wielder of divine magic"

To say they were shocked was an understatement.

After all, my mother literally fainted the moment those words came out of my mouth.

"Nisha, are you really a divine magic user? The second first class magician to ever exist in the history of Altrea? My gods! I can't believe I'm friends with someone so amazing! I promise I'll share my favorite cake with you!" my friend, Selene chattered away.

At this point, almost the general population of Altrea know of the existence of the second first class magician named: Anisha Celes Luminire.

The amount of attention has been very annoying but it seems like my family has been doing a lot better since. Many other houses tried to even ask for my hand in marriage, others went and invested into our businesses in order to show favor towards the Luminires.

Unfortunately, there were a few envious souls as well.

A few families thought that they were given unfair treatment due to putting us in the pedestals. Random threatening letters are left in front of our mansion as well.

"Selene, I'm glad that you're happy for me but... I really don't want to receive special treatment from anyone"

It's the truth.

I really didn't like this kind of spotlight on me as if everyone is watching my every move.

As if one simple mistake may prove fatal for me and my loved ones.

"Ah! I'm sorry, Nisha. I was insensitive. I didn't know that you'd be uncomfortable with the attention"

I smiled at her.

Good thing Selene was not the pushy type. She is childish at times but she knows where to draw the line.

"It's fine, Selene. I'm just a little worried and pressured about this. How about you? Aren't you worried at all about being the crown prince's fiancé?"

Her cheerful expression began to shift into a sad one at the mention of the crown prince.

"He doesn't like me. I mean... I may not be someone suitable as his fiancé. To be honest, I think it would be better if you become the crown princess instead"

I automatically shook my head in refusal.

Being a first class magician has already given me a mental beating and now crown princess? No thanks.

Besides...

"Who told you that Bryce doesn't like you?" I asked.

"It's quite obvious. He scold me for every minor mistake. He tells me every time that I'm not fit to be his fiancé. He doesn't even smile at me!"

Yup.

That's the crown prince for you.

Little does she know that Bryce actually looks after her and protects her from the shadows. He even got mad when one of the nobles would make a bad comment about Selene. Truth be told, Bryce treasures her very much though he doesn't tell her that.

"I think tha-"

"Nisha! Father is asking for you! Oh! You have a guest, I'm sorry Selene but could I borrow her a bit? I'll keep you company instead" my brother said cutting me mid-sentence.

I glared at him for being rude but Selene just laughed and told me to go ahead. After apologizing to her for cutting our chat short, I made my way towards my father's study.

I wonder why he called for me...

After knocking 3 times, I heard him telling me to come in.

"Good afternoon, father. You called?"

He wasn't alone. He was sitting in his desk full of paper works while my mother was sitting in the sofa together with Duke Dionera and his son, my brother's friend, Frederich.

"Sit down, Nisha. We have something to discuss with you." My father said in a serious tone.

I sat beside my mother and politely bowed my head towards the guests in front of me.

"Is there a problem father?"

He smiled.

"Not at all, Nisha. Actually, I and Duke Dionera had just finished discussing something important concerning you..."

I glanced at the Duke in front of me. He was wearing a stern expression in his face while Frederich looked anxious beside his father.

"...Since you have been granted your powers, I've decided to send you in the magic academy owned by Duke Dionera. As you know, it's not an ordinary school. Your brother, the crown prince and the duke's son are currently studying in that academy."

So...

School huh?

The magic academy is the most prestigious educational facility in all of Altrea. It's also very exclusive for only the most talented magicians. Everyone who graduates from the magic academy is automatically considered as someone worthy of respect, fame and fortune. Hence, this is a great opportunity for anyone who wants to live a good life.

The standards of the academy are very high but it isn't a narrow-minded system. It recruits only those who have potential and does not discriminate between commoners and nobles.

Basically, if I enter this academy, the Luminires reputation will – once more, skyrocket.

"I see. I wholeheartedly accept this offer."

My father nodded and the duke nodded their head and my mother gazed at me with proud eyes.

"There is one more thing"

"What is it, father?"

"Frederich actually asked me for your hand in marriage"

"I see, Frederi – wait, what?!"

A/N: Heyyyy!! I know this chapter's a bit late but I've been a litte busy sooo... :>

Anyway, this is a start of a new arc or should i say the MAIN ARC of the story. The next chapters ahead will be centered more on Anisha's growth as a magician and I'll be introducing new characters. Hope you enjoy!