Chapter 2

CHAPTER 2

"You really think you're our grandchild? Your mother was whoring around even when she was with our son!"

Slap!

I jolted awake. Frantically observing where I am.

Clean walls. Soft bed. A big room.

I sighed.

It was a nightmare.

I laid back and rested in the comfort of my pillows, trying to calm the loud thumping of my heart.

I still have dreams of my past life up till now. After 10 years of living in Altrea.

It still feels like yesterday.

My grandmother hated me with passion. When I turned 16 and my parents died in accident, she took me and my sister in.

But every day was hell for me.

While they showered my little sister with affection, they treated me like a sewer rat.

Still, I was fine with that. I lived on thinking that at least my sister won't get the same treatment as I do. Unfortunately, my body rejected that excuse.

I was always sick. I'd vomit when I'm hungry and even when I ate. My room was never clean and the bed I slept in felt so sticky that I'd sleep on the cold hard floor.

Around the time that I was 17, I realized that I had no friends left. The old ones would stay away from me thinking that I've been getting caught up in gang fights due to the visible bruises all over my body.

Now that I think about it, it's a miracle that I died due to an accident when it was more likely that I would die of abuse or malnutrition.

Thank god, those days are over.

Wait. Did I just actually think of that?

I laughed a little.

God, huh?

I wonder if that brat god is one the 9 gods that the people of Altrea believe in.

Let's see, there's Igni, the fire god, Aqui, the water god, Silt, the earth god, and Zeph, the wind god. Those 4 gods are the gods that grant 3rd class magicians there power. I heard that they are quite friendly and generous that's why most of the population are granted 3rd class magic.

For second class magicians, there's the ice god, Gliae, thunder god, Reve, light god, Lustre and Murke, the god of darkness. Unlike the first 4 gods, it is said that these gods are harder to please and some myths even contain stories about them hating on humans.

Lastly, there's the divine god, Celes. The leader of the gods. He's the most mysterious of them all and he only bestows divine power to humans that he thinks are the same level with gods like them.

Now that I think about it, that brat god doesn't seem to stand out much. He obviously enjoyed games and he had this welcoming aura around him.

Could he be one of the 3rd class elemental gods?

That was most likely.

I wonder if I would be able to see him again.

Weird.

We only played chess and he's the main reason why I died in the first place but...

I guess I'm a little grateful towards him.

"Nisha!"

A girl about my age squealed with glee upon seeing me. My eyes lit up when I finally recognized her.

Selene Dionera. The duke's 10 year old daughter. My beloved cousin.

"Selene! I missed you" I said while greeting her with a hug.

"Me too, Anisha. Father and brother brought cake. Let's have some together"

Selene was still young but her beauty was evident despite her age. She had white hair and mint-colored eyes.

"There you are! Hurry up you two, we'll be cutting cake!" her brother, Fredrich Glireve Dionera called.

He was quite a looker as well. Like Selene, he had mint-colored eyes but his hair was blonde much like their mother. He was 1 year older than Ains.

Upon hearing that the cake would be eaten soon, Selene practically dragged me towards the garden where our parents' tea party was being held.

Crap.

He's here.

Crown Prince Bryce Relustre Altrea, Selene's fiancé.

He was handsome today as well. Blonde with blue eyes, he was the epitome of charming.

My gaze traveled towards Selene. She looked bewildered.

Despite being her fiancé, she and Bryce were not in good terms. Bryce was cold and Selene hated that nature of his.

Well, this seems fun.

A/N: Which god do you think is the real identity of brat god???