CHAPTER 13.2

"Anisha! Aren't you early?" Selene teasingly remarked as I shook my head in response.

"And you are?" she gestured at Celes who was standing behind me like a guard dog watching over his master. The guy, merely bowed his head slightly towards her in greeting and continued staring at the ironed-gate of our school as if in deep thought.

"He's my private tutor slash bodyguard. Ce-", I stopped myself.

Wait. Did he still introduce himself as 'Celes' to my parents? Won't that be blasphemy? Did he perhaps change his name to fit this world better?

"Pfft."

I heard him snicker behind me. Stupid god, seems to be enjoying this uncomfortable situation.

"Se? Selene? What are you trying to say, Nisha?" Selene asked me, puzzled at my sudden stop.

"Um..." I nudged Celes' side with my shoulder, causing him to wince in pain. Selene looked at our humorous display in a questioning expression.

Clearing his throat, Celes opened his mouth to speak, "My lady, I am Celes. Anisha's private tutor and personal bodyguard. Please look upon me favorably and I would like to send out my thanks for being my mistress' friend."

And...he flashed a million-dollar smile.

I'm not sure whose expression was much funnier at the moment, my face of utter disgust at his well-mannered attitude towards me or Selene's love-struck expression.

Maybe Celes could teach Bryce a few tips...

"Are you going to stand there the whole day?"

"You'll be late, little sister."

"Nisha! Why is that guy with you?"

Our heads simultaneously turned toward the loud, familiar voices of the boys who were standing on the other side of the gate. It was Bryce, Fred, and Ains.

I waved my hand at their direction. Bryce had this nonchalant expression, while Fred was busy glancing at his surroundings (probably to look for his next target) and Ains was scowling at my direction.

I managed to hide my laughter. My brother didn't really like Celes. Ever since he began living with us in the mansion, he's been avoiding him like the plague.

"Come on, Anisha! Let's do this!" Selene squeeled excitedly.

I nodded.

Magic academy, huh? I wonder what awaits for me on the other side of this gate.

"Let's go!"

Grabbing Celes' left armwith my right, I dragged him while me and Selene ran quickly towards the gate,laughing with excitement.