Part 3 - Swimming In The Stars

It's a weird day. You haven't come across Ethan at all. He's out there doing his kind of business, has meetings of his own, consults with external partners. You miss him. It's weird because it's the first time it happens, you usually see each other so often that you don't have the time to do that.

You think that if you do your job with all your focus until it's time to leave, you'll find him around somewhere and you can leave together. Maybe even spend some time together or do anything productive. That's actually what happens, and when everyone starts to leave you go ahead to find him.

"Where are you?" you curved your eyebrows when he's not in his office.

You look around some more offices but he's nowhere to be found. You even check your phone to see if you have any new notifications from him but that's also a lot cause. Eventually, you hear some voices from one of the conference rooms and you carefully knock a few times.

"Come in" you hear his voice.

You open the door and step inside, quickly noticing that Ethan is there with one of your coworkers. Your mind can't help but start making scenarios already about the two of them being a thing and sneaking around in here. It's the trauma that's speaking but you can't stop it even if you know it's irrational.

"Here you are" you say, looking directly at him.

"Yes, sorry for being gone all day. We've been working on that new deal like crazy" he explains and walks towards you.

"The two of you?" you ask in worry.

Ethan looks at you and you can notice that little change in his look. It's something between worry, sadness and thoughtfulness. He then looks at Laura and puts on his work face once again.

"That will be all for today, Laura. Thank you for the help" he says.

She nods at both of you and leaves the room, closing the door behind her. Then, you're left in complete silence as you both look for the right words to say. He approaches you kindly and wraps his arms around you, making you feel safe.

"I understand where this is coming from but I promise you, there's nothing to worry about" he says calmly.

"Stark hurt you, he had no right to do that but I'm not like him. I appreciate what I have, I would never cheat on you" he continues with the same tone.

"I'm sorry" you say carefully, with remorse.

"It's alright, we're okay" he smiles nicely.

"I missed you today" you chuckle.

"I missed you, too. I was meaning to find you but I didn't even have a break today" he says.

"Don't worry, this makes up for it" you smile.

"Are you hungry?" he asks, looking into your eyes.

"Yeah, definitely" you reply.

"I'll be ready to go in half an hour. Do you think you can wait for me and we can go for dinner afterwards?" he caresses your cheek with his palm nicely.

"Of course. I'll be in my office, finishing up some work" you let him know.

"Great, I'll see you in a bit" he smiles.

"See you in a bit" you smile back at him and you both lean into each other for a warm kiss.

Just as promised, Ethan showed up at your door around half an hour later. Seeing him like this puts a smile on your face, so handsome and elegant in his suit and tie. You stand up from your seat and meet him there, clearly smiling.