Part 36 - Speeding Cars

"Honey, I'm back" Tony shuts the door loudly as he returns home.

You can hear his footsteps around the house, getting closer and closer to you. He left in the morning, shortly after you both woke up and now he's back.

"I brought-" he stops himself from talking when he goes into the bedroom and doesn't see you.

"Where are you?" he asks, looking around.

"I'm here" you reply, getting back into the bedroom.

You got out of the shower a little while ago, so now your hair is still dump. Tony turns your way and immediately smiles at the sight of your natural beauty.

"You look amazing" he compliments you.

"Thank you" you smile.

"Why did you leave the bed? I told you I was coming back soon" he says with a sense of complaint.

"Let's say that I tried waiting for you but after 3 hours I just needed to get up" you tilt your head sarcastically.

"Was it really 3 hours?" he asks, seeming confused.

"3 hours and 10 minutes but who's counting" you give him a side eye.

"I really didn't realise. I brought coffees though" he smiles appealingly and raises the two coffee cups that he has on him.

"That makes things better" you walk up to him and take the cup that has Mrs. Stark written on it from his hand.

You make sure to kiss his cheek nicely before taking the first sip out of your cup. It is delicious, much better than your homemade coffee.

"What took you so long? I thought you were only stepping by your office for a moment" you ask.

"That's true. I was at the office, reviewing a new deal. Guess who got another one of Lewis's clients" he says proudly.

"Really? That's like the 7th one. How are they still holding up?" you chuckle.

"That's the point, they're not" he smirks.

"You certainly seem very happy about that. Is it part of your secret plan?" you sneakily ask him with your eyes locked on his.

"Secret plan? What are you talking about?" he nervously chuckles.

"I know you're planning on doing more than just stealing all his clients. And don't say that you don't want me getting excited over something that might not work out in the end, I promise I don't care. Although, I do trust you and I know that you'll tell me everything sooner or later" you smile kindly at him and brush his arm softly.

"I will, I promise" he takes your free palm in his hand and brings it all the way to his lips to place a sweet kiss on it.

"3 hours for a deal and coffee are still a lot" you tease him.

"I had a few errands to run in between. Nothing to worry about" he assures you.

"Alright, Mr. Secretive" you giggle.

He smiles warmly and leans into you to peck your lips sweetly. Even if it's a quick kiss, it still gives you the same butterflies.

"I'll take a quick shower and then I'm taking you out" he says.

"You're taking me out? Where?" your face spikes with excitement.

"Wouldn't you love to know?" he teases you.

He starts walking away towards the shower, leaving you behind, but you're not letting it slide. You follow his steps and reach him before he starts taking his shower.