Part 34 - Privacy

"Wait, what?"

"What do you mean that you're married?"

Both Anne and Sebastian are left in complete shock when you announce them the news at the smallest coffee store where you decided to meet. You needed to let them know about this sudden turn of events that happened yesterday.

"It's true, we got married" you can't hide your smile.

"I don't understand. Do you mean that he proposed?" Anne is confused.

"No, we legally got married. We signed the papers" you explain.

"I'm sorry, you're saying this is legitimate? You are now Mrs. Stark?" Sebastian asks.

"Yes, I am" you're smiling intensely.

"Where's the ring?" Anne looks out for it on your fingers.

"I don't have one, not yet at least" you answer.

"He proposed without a ring out of the blue and you said yes? He really needs to show us his tricks" Sebastian sounds amazed.

"Sebastian, stop it, this is serious. Alice, how did it happen?" Anne steps up.

"We were at my lawyer's office for the last details of my contract. We were just talking and the conversation ended up revolving around the future and how we want to spend ours together. And then getting married came up and we both thought it was a good idea so here we are!" you explain.

"So you didn't even think about it?" her facial expression is shocked.

"I thought about it and I didn't see any reason to not do this. I love him, guys. He loves me" you're expressing your feelings.

They both don't look as excited as you wished for yet. The big news have definitely messed with their minds, this is probably the last thing they expected to hear from you.

"I'm so happy to see you that excited, really" Anne's face softens up.

"But? I feel like a but is coming up" you chuckle.

"But you've only been back together for a few months. Have you even talked about a marriage before?" she sighs.

"Well, he did propose once again back in the day. We know we want a future together and we both want to be married, it's not a bad decision. It's a fast and big decision yes, but not a bad one. Sometimes the best decisions are the spontaneous ones" you truly believe your words.

"Why didn't you tell us yesterday?" they finally start smiling.

"It was just so sudden. The whole conversation started with us wanting privacy, and I guess that for once we decided that keeping something to ourselves, even if it was just for a day, was a small step towards that change of lifestyle" you say.

"Congratulations, Mrs. Stark. Looks like you've surprised us all" Sebastian adds with a smile.

"Congratulations, baby" Anne tears up, finally giving into her emotions.

"Thanks you, guys. Your support means a lot" you say, relieved that they're starting to understand.

"So, no grand proposal, just a spontaneous decision in a lawyer's office?" Sebastian leans back, his skepticism slowly turning into acceptance.

"Exactly. No frills, just us deciding that this is what we both want" you nod.

"What about a wedding ceremony? Are you planning something later?" Anne, still processing, asks

You pause, considering the question. "We didn't discuss it yet, but who knows? We might have a celebration when the time feels right"

As the conversation continues, the initial shock begins to wear off, replaced by curiosity and genuine happiness for your unexpected union. They start throwing questions about the future, your plans, and even joke about a Stark-style wedding.

"You know, as long as you're happy, that's what matters" Anne, looking at you with a supportive smile, says.

"And if Stark messes up, we know where to find him" Sebastian adds with a playful grin.

You all share a laugh, and as you sip your coffee in the cozy little store, it becomes clear that while the news was surprising, your friends are ultimately on board with your decision. The spontaneous, untraditional path you've taken may not be conventional, but it's uniquely yours, and that's what makes it special. Just as the conversation settles into a more comfortable rhythm, the cafe's door chimes, and in walks none other than Tony himself. He scans the room, and his eyes lock onto yours.

"Speak of the devil" you smirk, looking over at him.

"There she is, my wife y'all" he announces, a mischievous glint in his eyes.

"Shh, we said something about privacy, remember?" a little bit of panic goes through your body just as he sits down next to you.

"I'm sorry, honey. I just can't seem to hide my excitement around you" he places a kiss on the side of your head.

"Congratulations, Tony. Thank you for bringing that smile back on her face" they both congratulate him.

"Thank you, keeping that smile going is my only goal from now on. By the way, what was that devil about? Am I still being addressed like that in this friend group?" he teases you all.

"No, baby, it's just a metaphor" you lock your elbow with his and take his hand into yours.

"You've earned your way out of that nickname for now, Mr. Stark" Sebastian adds.

"It's okay, I've been called worse" he chuckles.

"I bet" Anne raises her eyebrows playfully.

"Now, that's all in the past. I don't care what nicknames you had before. From now on you're my husband" you look into his eyes warmly.

"Your husband, huh?" he says, his expression turning more tender.

"Yes, just Tony Stark, my husband. No nicknames needed" you nod, a sweet smile on your face.

"Does that mean no more Stark surprises? The end of an era?" Sebastian asks with a grin.

"Well, let's not go that far. Knowing Tony, there will always be surprises, just maybe of a more domestic kind now" you chuckle.

"Who said domestic can't be surprising?" Tony smirks.

"I'm counting on it. As long as they're the good kind of surprises" you squeeze his hand tighter.

"You have my word, Mrs. Stark, only the good kind from now on" Tony leans in.

The cafe, filled with the laughter and banter of friends, becomes a witness to the beginning of a new chapter, where you and Tony embrace the title of being married.

"Are you planning on keeping this a secret forever?" Anne wonders.

"I don't think I can keep my pride hidden forever, but I will try for as long as I possibly can. Hopefully my wife will forgive me when it eventually slips my mouth" Tony says.

"It's not about keeping it a secret forever. It's about savouring the privacy for as long as we can. Your wife will be proud of you no matter what" there's a hint of warmth in your voice as you emphasize the value of the precious moments shared privately.

"Besides, you'll eventually have to leave the house with the ring I'm getting you around your finger. It will not go unnoticed by the people" he says playfully, his eyes locked with yours.

"Well, thankfully there's at least some time until then. We can celebrate privately" a satisfied smile appearing on your lips.

"Exactly" he caresses your skin with his fingers.

The atmosphere around you becomes a bubble of shared intimacy, shielding you from the outside world that has hurt you remarkably. The day unfolds with the gentle clinking of coffee cups, the soft hum of conversation, and the occasional burst of laughter. The atmosphere is light, and you revel in the simple pleasure of being surrounded by people who have witnessed the twists and turns of your life.