Part 32 - Starry Eyes

"It's so good to do this again after all this time" you say with joy while hugging Anne.

After many months, you're finally out in public together, spending her lunch break with each other. Of course the problem all this time wasn't that there wasn't enough free time for you to meet, but that you didn't feel safe yet to go out in public. Something about the possibility of accidentaly running into Ethan made your stomach tighten until now. Thankfully, you're finding your good old self more and more as time goes by and you can even enjoy the little things you loved before eveything happened.

"You have no idea how happy that makes me, I really missed seeing you like this" she smiles.

"Me, too" you exhale deeply.

You both take a seat around the table that you reserved, which has actually always been one of your favourite places to have a good meal during your lunch break. You order your food and drinks without much thought, after all you're very familiar with the place. On top of everything, you wouldn't risk going to a place where you didn't feel comfortable.

"How are things around there?" you ask about Lewis Industries.

"As you can imagine, it's been a complete mess since InnovaTech decided to switch sides. I'm happy for you taking your revenge but Gosh, I hate you for the overworking you're putting me through" she laughs.

"I'm sorry, you know I have to. It's nothing personal, not with you at least" you shake your head with a smile.

"I don't want to work for him anymore, I can't stand looking at his face after knowing what he did to you" she sighs.

"I know, and I'm sorry, but all the information you've provided me with was totally worth it. Besides, you won't have to keep doing it for long" you show her a sneaky smile.

"Because the company is going down and we're all going to lose our jobs? Tell me something I don't already know" she jokes.

"No, silly, you're not going to be unemployed. Tony has a plan" you explain.

"He always does, doesn't he?" she raises her eyebrows.

"This is a good one, I promise you're going to like it" you defend him and his historically conflicted plans.

"Don't keep it a secret, tell me" she teases you.

"He offered a job to Sebastian yesterday, same offer goes for you too. I told him I'd give you the news in person since I was going to meet you today anyway" you smile widely.

"A job? At Stark Industries?" she shoots her eyes wide open.

"Yes, same responsibilies, as weird as it might sound after all those years working against them" you joke.

"Of course I'm accepting, you didn't even have to ask" she quickly says.

"Juck checking" you giggle and take a sip of your drink.

"Are you also starting there? Did you find a suitable position?" she wonders.

"No, I'm not. We think that, since I can afford it, I should not get back to work until I find myself again. I help him around for now when he's too busy but I don't want more pressure on myself with an actual high position there" you explain.

"Sounds right, take your time. You shouldn't rush anything" she nods.

"I know, Tony's been really helpful with that" your whole face lights up instantly.

"I've stated my opinion against him countless times in the past, so believe me when I say that I couldn't be happier that he's finally acting right" she smiles with all her heart.