Part 38 - Lust for Life

Today is a very special day. You're not exactly sure why but Tony said it's a special day so you're going along with it. The only thing you know for sure is that he asked you to dress up nicely and be ready by 8 o'clock. You have to admit it's a bit late for him to get back from work at 8, especially since he's taken a step back from his duties lately.

Anyway, you don't want to question him and his surprises so you follow his instructions. As soon as you open your wardrobe, your eyes fall on a stunning black dress that you haven't worn in a lot of time. It's short, sexy, fancy. Tony said to dress up so this is exactly what you're going to do.

You're rewarded when Tony is finally back home, walking through the front door like a freaking model. You don't even know where to focus. His perfect hair? His spotless goatee? His black and white suit and tie? Actually his outfit is what catches your attention mostly because it's matching yours perfectly. It's like you communicated about this.

"Oh my, my" he smiles from ear to ear when he locks eyes with you.

"Don't you look amazing?" he gives you his hand to hold.

"I could say the same, Mr. Stark" you take his hand and blush from the eye contact.

"I need to tell you something" he says, scaring you on the spot.

"Something good I hope" you say back to him.

"Most definitely" he reassures you.

"I'm all ears" you look at him.

"Let me pour some champagne" he suggests and tries to walk away.

"It's not needed, don't keep me waiting" you hold him in his place.

"Fine, let's then take a seat" he shows the couch with his hand.

"We can do that" you agree, following him to sit on the couch.

"So, I was late today because I have been using my final days of work for making progress. After getting InnovaTech, I approached more of Lewis' friends. Guess how many of them chose the right option" he smirks proudly.

"All of them?" you smile.

"Once again correct, my love" he brushes your lower lip with his thumb.

"What does this mean now? Is it finally over?" you ask in anticipation.

"Not quite yet" he shakes his head.

"Why? How is he still standing? Without all his clients he must be under the bus right now" you're confused.

"Oh, he's screwed. I just meant I'm not done with him just yet" his pride is obvious.

"What else is there to do? I mean, he's lost all his power" you still don't understand.

"Right, but he hasn't lost everything yet. He still owns Lewis Industries" he replies casually.

"What are you going to do about that?" you narrow your eyes.

"Let's say I made him an offer he can't refuse" Tony confidently sits back on the couch.

"What offer?" you can't hide your grin.

"Considering that Lewis Industries are a wreck financially and no one is interested in them and their market, I sent Lewis an offer through my lawyer. He's either going to see his company crumble into bankruptcy, or he can take my deal and sell his company to me for 10% of any reasonable price he would be expecting. But guess what, there's no way he's getting any other offer for that disaster of a company he has" his tone is cocky but that's understandable.