Part 8 - Teamwork

After a calm workday, you and Ethan are attending a networking event as heads of the company. It's supposed to be fun and have activities during the whole time, maybe also teaching you a thing or two that you don't know about.

"This has been a waste of time so far, I'm learning absolutely nothing" Ethan complains in your ear.

"At least you're acing all the activities so far, shows a good image out there" you smile and brush his thigh. 

"So are they" he says with an unamused tone while looking over at Tony and Pepper.

They're also here, enjoying a very cheerful night. They've socialised much more than you, making connections with everyone at the event. Even during the workshops, they used some of the time to talk about business.

"For this next workshop, we'll split you all in teams of 2" the presenter says.

"We'll do great" you say with Ethan.

"But we'll spice things up a bit. We'll choose your partners for you" she continues with a smile.

"Oh, hell no" Ethan sighs, fearing of the worst.

"They're not going to put me with Tony, don't worry. I don't think they're that reckless" you try to calm him down.

"I hope so" he immediately locks eyes with Tony, who's looking your way with a slight smile.

They start pairing people up and of course you, Ethan, Pepper and Tony haven't been assigned to anyone yet. You just pray that you'll end up with Ethan, because if you get paired with Tony it won't end good.

"Now this is going to be good. Mr. Stark, we haven't seen you working with others much lately. Of course we know about Ms. Potts, but why don't you pair with..." she looks your way and your heart starts beating faster.

"Please, no" you whisper so quietly.

"Mr. Lewis" she says and everyone gasps.

Ethan looks at you first with a terrified look and then he and Tony look at each other with the most shocked and unhappy looks ever. You're still trying to understand if this is a joke or not, this can't be happening.

"I think we can all agree that it would be very interesting to see you work together for once" she finishes her words.

"F*ck me" Ethan complains.

"I don't think that anyone wants to see that" Tony tries to avoid it with a joke.

"Allow us to disagree, Mr. Stark" she smiles at him.

You can read both Tony's and Ethan's faces. They're already angry and nervous about this. Pepper is also looking at both of them, trying to read the situation as good as possible.

"Please, take a seat next to each other behind each counter. Of course, ladies, you're paring up too" she refers to you and Pepper.

You exhale deeply but try to keep your fake smile alive so that no one understands how much this bothers you. Is this even better than you and Tony pairing up? One bad move and Tony and Ethan will start throwing hands.

"This is not that bad, just remain calm for the rest of this workshop and it will all be over" you say to Ethan before you change your seats.

Your two counters are next to each other which means that you have them both close to you. Hopefully, you'll be able to interfere if anything happens.

Your task is simple. You have to work together as teams to create a program and connect it to a robot. That way, people can later see your work and learn something from it, like the way you all work and think.