Part 14 - Nothing Breaks Like A Heart

"Food is ready" Sebastian announces.

He's been staying at your house ever since everything happened. You really appreciate his support and you can see how it slowly is helping you. At first you wouldn't even unlock the door of your bedroom but now you're welcoming him in to join you and hang out.

"It smells delicious, thank you" you smile gracefully at him.

"Do you maybe want to go eat in the kitchen? Or in the living room while watching something?" he suggests with a smile.

"I appreciate the effort but I'm not ready yet" you also show him a smile.

"And that's totally okay" he nods and joins you on the bed.

Everything was great, the food, the company, even a few laughters every now and then. Your mind even forgot about the awful thoughts for a little while. It was only when Sebastian jumped from his seat when panic took over you again.

"What the f*ck? He's back here?" he almost hisses.

"What? Who?" you follow him, heart racing.

"Ethan" he looks outside the window.

"That's not Ethan" you grab him by his arm as he tries to walk away with nerve.

"Who is it?" he frowns.

You don't have to answer, the sound of the car door opening and closing is enough. Yes, the car looks like one that Ethan would have but it's not his. The figure that appears walking outside the car and towards the house door is one that shocks you.

"Tony" you whisper.

"What is he doing here?" Sebastian asks you.

Tony looks worried as he walks closer and closer to the house. He doesn't know you're looking at him through the bedroom windows, maybe that's why he seems more loose and true to his feelings.

"Will you open the door?" Sebastian asks you as soon as you hear the doorbell.

"I-I don't know" you start to panic.

"Do you want me to get rid of him?" he asks thoughtfully.

"No, don't" you answer quickly.

"Alice?" Tony's voice suddenly goes through your ears.

"Oh my God" you jump around nervously.

"What do you want me to do?" Sebastian is also nervous.

"If you want me to leave, I will. Just please let me know" Tony sounds calm.

You exhale deeply and wait until your heartbeat is back to normal before taking any further steps. You then look at Sebastian, who's very patiently waiting for your decision.

"Let him in" you say.

"Are you sure?" he asks.

"Yes, I am" you insist.

"Okay" he nods.

Sebastian leaves the bedroom and goes all the way to the front door. You can feel the awkwardness from the moment he opens the door until him and Tony say the first word.

"She's inside, follow me" Sebastian speaks.

You can hear the slow footsteps as they come closer to you. It's a little nervous but all the anxiety disappears once you lay eyes on him. He seems so classy and handsome while standing on your door frame, your heart can feel all the excitement to finally see him.

"Hey" you say quietly.

"Hey" he replies with the same tone.

"What are you doing here? Weren't you on vacation?" you gulp just by thinking about it.