Part 17 - Until The End Of Time

It's been two days. The good news is that Tony was free to go from the police department and he's back at his own house. Also, Ethan's recovery is going well, he's definitely out of danger anymore. Although, his condition is pretty bad still, he's going to have to stay in the hospital for a while.

You've only spoken to Tony through messages anytime you had an update on his legal situation or anytime that you heard something about Ethan's health. It feels nice talking to Tony again, having a connection with him and hearing about his day.

After a long conversation with him on the phone, he suggested to come by your place. He said that it's going to be a friendly visit, to give you the comfort and support that you need. But you know it's more than that. He loves you, he keeps saying that and showing that, you love him, you can't keep lying to yourself and saying that you don't want him.

"Hey" he smiles when you open the door.

"Hey" you smile back at him.

He's holding a bouquet of flowers, or at least it looks like one. But instead it's a bouquet of all the kinds of candy that you like, which makes you chuckle immediately.

"I thought you'd like this" he says proudly.

"I do, thank you" you accept it from him.

"Can I come in?" he asks politely.

"Of course" you take a step sideways to give him more space to come in.

He takes slow steps as he enters the house and awkwardly waits for you in the living room. He looks around, noticing all the unusual mess in your house. Blankets, messy sofa and living room.

"This is where you've been spending your time now?" he asks the obvious question.

"This and my bedroom" you shrug.

"Have you been eating?" he asks.

"Yes, I have" you answer.

"You look like you've lost weight. Why are you alone? You need someone to help you get back on your feet" he starts sounding very worried.

"Tony, it's fine. I'm recovering, I asked Sebastian and Anne to give me some space" you reassure him.

He sighs, clearly not liking the fact that you're alone, but he knows he can't insist too much on it. You take a seat on the couch and he follows your lead, sitting right next to you.

"How are you, really?" he asks thoughtfully.

"I'm holding on, you know. It's not easy" you answer honestly.

"He's never going to hurt you again" he says and takes your hands in his.

"I know" you nod.

His hands are still bruised, it's the first thing you notice when he holds you. Your eyes get teary again but you hold back the tears successfully.

"There's something you should know, I didn't want to tell you over a message" he says.

"What is it?" you ask, worried.

"He's taking me to court. There's no way I'm winning this case, there are all kinds of evidence against me. Hell, I'm not even planning on denying anything" he confesses.

"What does that mean?" you panic.

"I'm looking at jail time, like serious jail time. My lawyer will do everything to close a good deal. Maybe we will reduce it to a few months? I don't know" he sounds so calm.

"No, no, no, this can't be happening" you start crying.

You knew the consequences would be bad, jail even crossed your mind, but you weren't expecting it to happen so soon. Ethan just woke up and he's already done all this?