Chapter One (REWRITTEN VER.)

This is the rewritten version of 'Adrienette: Arranged Marriage.'

more - keshi

Chapter One ~

"MARINETTE!!" An ear piercing scream rang through the halls of my fashion company approaching the peaceful security of my office. Well, not so peaceful once the rampaging demon bursts open my door in 3..2..1..

"Marinette Dupain Cheng! If you don't remove your ass from that poorly cheap desk chair! I mean seriously, you could have at least chose something in gold." Chloe sighed exasperated. I rolled my eyes, unfazed.

"Chloe is there a reason you're storming through here as if the devil himself is hot on your trail? And not to mention the screeching. Gosh I didn't even know your voice could go up anymore octaves."

"Well Dupain-Cheng, as one of your bestest friends and fashion adviser I would just like to know why in the hell I happened to be the last person informed that you were going to the Agreste fashion show!" She glared angrily at me, taking a seat. "I mean, you hate the man with every fiber in your being!"

She wasn't wrong. Adrien Agreste. The name itself made me want to vomit. Usually, I refuse to be involved in anything surrounding that self-absorbed prick. A year ago while walking down the streets of Paris, I saw a billboard of him hideously rocking a pair of Calvin Klein underwear. I vowed never to wear another pair of my oh so comfortable boy boxers again. Still haven't broken it.

"My parents practically threatened to sell me on the black market if I didn't go. My mother said that as a staple fashion name across France she requires me to go and support the Agreste's. Although I'm sure they're just looking to strike a deal between our companies with Gabriel Agreste. She'd have to bury me alive before I let his son have any sort of power over my hard earned work." I ranted, continuing typing on my laptop.

"You can't deny he's the most delicious looking man to grace us on planet earth. Besides, this is a great business opportunity. Your two companies are crashing against each other at the very peak of the industry fighting for the top spot. A collaboration would absolutely skyrocket sales!" She slammed her hands on my neatly organized desk. "Why do you hate him so much?"

I paused. Sighing, I unlocked a secret drawer, pulling out a thick stack of letters.

"This." I gestured at the papers. Chloe picked one up skeptically.

"What are these?"

"Love Letters. He has a chronic obsession with me. I started receiving them two years ago. He sends them once a month. And he signs them all in blue ink, it's so weird. Look at this one." She leaned in while I began reading. "You belong with me. You are mine and only mine. Never forget. It's beyond disturbing. I'm not his little object, if he thinks he can get any woman he desires just because he's rich and mildly attractive he is gravely mistaken." Chloe's eyes went wide as she racked through the several others.

"Woah. These are...deep. Are you sure they're from him? I mean it could be like a secret admirer or something. Your basically the bachelorette of Paris. Like have you seen yourself? Hot. And with me as your friend? Dashingly sexy." I raised an eyebrow and we both laughed.

"He signs his name on all of them so I have no doubt it's him. Hopefully once the show is over I can sneak out and avoid any confrontation with that creep." I secured the letters back in the drawer and locked it.

"Good plan. However, you aren't going to any fashion show without me styling you for it in all your glorious fabo. I'll meet you at your house in 4 hours." Chloe kissed my cheek, leaving me back to the isolation that was my thoughts.