I Don't Need a Man!

Marinette's pov

Ring ring ring...

I hear a faint buzzing noise as I lay in my bed, still half asleep. As I come to more of a conscious, I realize its not just any buzzing noise.. its my alarm!!
'I'm gonna be so late' I think to myself. I rush into my master bathroom and quickly brush my teeth, shower, and get dressed.

 I rush into my master bathroom and quickly brush my teeth, shower, and get dressed

(This is Marinette's outfit)

I grab a muffin out of the cabinet, my keys off the table and head out to my car. I pull out the driveway and head to work.

There was a lot of traffic on the road but I made it to the Main building where all the magic happened in Marinette Originals at exactly 9:58... 58 minutes late. I know I'm in for an earful when I see my parents, Tom and Sabine Dupain-Cheng, standing outside their office (which is across from mine) looking livid.

"Marinette Dupain-Cheng! You are almost an hour late to work! You do realize running a company is more important than sleeping in, right?" I hear my mother yell at me.

"How about we take this in our office, yes?" My dad says. I walk into my parents office and they shut the door.

"Now Marinette, as being late is serious me and your mother have other important matters to dicuss with you."
I raise my eyebrows.

"Like what?" I ask curious.

"Well me and your father have been thinking and.. you need to get married."
Sabine says.

"What! Mom I'm only 20 I still have plenty of time to get married!" I say.

"Well, yes but in order to be able to maintain this company you need a partner. He has already been picked the matter is settled." My frown deepens as my mother speaks.

"Mom I do not need a husband in order to run this company! I am perfectly capable of doing this on my own, I can't believe you guys right now!" I shout in rage.

"Marinette lower your voice! Your going to have to deal with it. Me and your father have made a decision and its final. Now he's a nice guy, his name is Adrien Agreste and he owns the company by the name of Agreste Fashions. If you expect to keep this company you are going to marry him!"

I huff. My parents are going to take the company away from me if I don't do what they say. So not fair, I hate dealing with it.

"Fine. But just know I don't need a man to help run this company, I could run it with my eyes glued shut and my hands tied behind my back." I slam the door on my way out.

Whoever this Adrien Agreste is I already hate his guts, and its all my parents fault.

I know this chapter was really short (seriously only 470 words you can do better smh) but this is my first fanfic. The story is probably lacking a bit but dance is more my thing, I've never tried writing but I'm gonna work on the detail.

-Lots of Love, Lanie🌸

P.s: If your wondering why Marinette's parents can take away the company from her is because her parents originally owned it and passed it down to Marinette. It was previously called Dupain-Cheng Originals, but of course it got changed to Marinette when she inherited the company.