The Comfort In Your Arms Is More Than I Can Ask

AH! I haven't been doing Adrien pov's as often, I used to do them each chapter. Tbh I kinda forgot he had a life too-

(Adrien's pov)

Today Marinette is going to give her testimony at the police station. We were about to leave, but before we agreed on going I had to make sure she was 100% ready. After five minutes of back and forth, I finally realized she was ready for this and I drove us to the station.

"Are you Marinette Dupain-Cheng?" The lady at the front desk asked.

"Yes, I'm scheduled to talk to some police officers." She says.

"Sure, they're in that room across the hall." The lady points to a door.

"Okay, thank you." I say.

Me and Marinette walk into the room where I see two police officers. I spot the tags of the on their uniforms. The one on the right is Tikki and the one of the left is named Plagg.

"Good afternoon, Mr and Mrs. Agreste." Said Tikki. (I forgot Marinette had Adrien's last name now so just ignore that Dupain-Cheng slip up)

"Good afternoon." We both say taking a seat.

"I understand that your here to provide your statement on the case against Luka Couffaine." Plagg stated.

"Yes, I am." Marinette responded.

After explaining to them what happened throughout their relationship, Marinette paused.

"What when he kidnapped you?" Asked Plagg.

"Well, nothing as brutal as before but I wasn't with him for a long period of time so he didn't have much of a chance to do something horrible. When I was with him, he choked me, leaving bruises around my neck, beat me with a belt, and injected needles in me to make me black out."

I take Marinette's hand for more of my own sake to help me relax.

"Thank you Marinette. You are an incredibly strong woman and Luka will be having a trial to determine his sentence concluding the evidence stacked against him. We'll let you know the jury's decision. Have a nice day!" Tikki tells us.

"You too!"

We wave goodbye as we leave the station.

(Marinette's pov)

Me and Adrien are back at home. I told him I was going to be reading so he went to go watch tv downstairs but really, I want to plan a surprise for him. Adrien is always there for me as he has been these past few months so I wanted to plan him a special thank you surprise.

I wanted to put together a special photo album with lots of pictures with us and some of our friends. I made my own album so I could put on the cover 'I Love You'.

Getting to work, I picked out many photos on my phone that I wanted to print and sent them throught the printer. I placed them all in the album and decorated each page with either jewels, messages, or glitter.

After an hour, I was finally done. I wrapped it up, and hid it behind my back so I could give it to Adrien.

"Hey Adrien?" I ask sitting beside him on the couch.

"Yeah?"

"I made something for you."

He turns toward me. I reveal the gift and place it in his hands.

"Mari, you didn't have to." He says.

"I wanted to, now open it."

He unwraps it, looking at the album in awe. He flips through all the pages studying each one carefully.

"Marinette, this is beautiful."

"I wanted to give you something to thank you for always being there for me. You always open your arms for me and the comfort in them is more than I can ask. So I wanted to make something special for you."

"Marinette you know I'm always there for you. This means a lot, thank you Mari."

He takes my face in his hands and kisses me passionately before we break apart.

"I love you." He says.

"And I love you too."

-The Next Evening-

"Marinette!" Adrien calls me.

I walk into the kitchen where he's making dinner.

"Yes?" I ask.

"I just got a text. Apparently, they did Luka's trial today and Plagg let me know he was sentenced to 25 years in jail." He informs me.

"That's good. At least I no longer have to worry about him. What's for dinner?" Adrien wiggles his eyebrows.

"Homemade pizza!" I groan.

"I love you and all and your a great cook sometimes but pizza is not your thing." I say.

"Well, this time I'm going to make it the right way and prove you wrong."

"Uh huh, we'll see."

It's been about 20 minutes when I smell something burning. I run to the kitchen where I see a burnt pizza sitting on the oven.

"Let's just do take out." I laugh.

We ordered some chinese food and watched a movie together before deciding to go to bed.

"You know, it feels nice finally being able to fully relax without having to worry about being in danger." I say.

"And I'm glad Luka got what he deserved because nobody hurts my princess and gets away with it. Nobody.

856 words. Sadly, I still have a little bit of writer's block and Wattpad is once again, messing up. I wanted to post this yesterday but it kept saying error so I had to wait until today to see if it would work. Anyways, I hope you liked the chapter!

-Lots of Love, Lanie🌸

P.s. Not proofread