Meeting Each Other

(Adrien's pov)

"Dad, are you serious! I don't want to get married, I still have so much more to do before that even crosses my mind twice!" I shouted at my dad who of course seemed unbothered my words.

"Adrien, I'm sorry but it would be better for the company if you got married, and would also be great for publicity." Gabriel explained.

"I don't care about publicity! I want to get married for me, not the stupid company! At least tell me I get to pick my own partner!" He was silent, I couldn't believe him. "Are you serious!"

"Adrien she's a kind girl, her name is Marinette Dupain-Cheng and she runs Marinette Originals. I'm sure you two would make a nice couple just give her a chance." I frowned.

"Whatever dad, I don't care who she is I'm not happy about this at all." I stormed out of his office before he got a chance to say anything else.

I sighed as I sat down in my office, the paper work on my desk staring at me. 'What are you looking at' I thought. I still can't believe my dad is forcing me to get married to someone I don't even know. I've briefly heard about Marinette on the news from the time she partnered with Audrey Bourgeois on a design. Besides that I have no idea who she is or what she's like. All I can hope is that she's not a total snobby brat that I wouldn't be able to stay in the same room with for two seconds.

(Marinette's pov)

I finished up all the paper work that was on my desk, including new business partnerships, bills, and interview requests. My phone vibrates on the table. I check it to see a text from my mom. Your meeting your soon to be husband at the cafe around the corner. Be there by 2:45pm. Sharp. I sigh. I pack up all my things and head back home to freshen up and change into something other than clothes I've been working in all afternoon. I look at the clock 1:05pm. Alright, I have about an hour before I have to meet this so called Adrien Agreste at the cafe. I park my car in the driveway and unlock the door. I go upstairs, take a quick shower, do my hair, and pick out some better clothes.

(This is Marinette's outfit minus the watch and the bag is shaped like a purse instead of a bag)

I put my hair in a nice messy bun and head to the cafe a few blocks away. I park in a space closest to the door. I walk inside and sit at one of the tables near the window so I can see outside. The door jiggles and I see my parents coming towards me.

"Hello Mari, I hope your ready to meet Adrien. And for goodness sake look happy and not like someone put a whole shaker of salt in your grits." My mom says.

"Yeah sure, whatever"

"There he is." My dad states. I look up. For a minute I almost forget people exist as I meet his eye. He's the most handsome person I've ever seen. His emerald eyes are the purest green you could ever find and his golden hair sparkles like the sun.

(This is the outfit Adrien's wearing but with white vans instead of the other shoes and without the backpack)

Through his button up shirt you could see his bulging muscles. 'Snap out of it Marinette your supposed to hate him!' I think. My eyes wonder to a man standing next to him. That must be Gabriel Agreste, his father. I did a bit of research on him before I left work and it turns out his company is one most the most successful modeling companies out there. He's modeled with tons out people, including females. 'He's probably hooked up with a few too.' I shake my head. They walk over to our table. Me and my parents stand up to greet them.

"Hello Gabriel, Adrien this is my daughter Marinette." My dad introduces me. I shake Gabriel's hand while Adrien just stares at me. We make no gesture to connect hands. My mom clears her throat.

"Alright kids how about you guys get to know each other, we adults need to catch up." They walk off to chat at a different table.

"Uh, you can sit down I guess.." We both take a seat. We're silent for a good 3 minutes before he speaks up.

"Look, I know this arranged marriage thing sucks and its obvious we're both not happy about it let's at least try to get along so it's not completely intolerable?" I give a small nod.

"So, uh did you have any other boyfriends before all this happened?" He asks. I cough harshly to the point where I start choking. He moves to pat me on the back but I flinch. He seems to notice and retracts his hand. My coughing fit dies down.

"Are you okay?" Adrien asks me.

"Uh yeah, sorry. And to answear your question... yeah I did but we broke up 7 months ago." I say. He studies me for a second. "What about you?"

"Oh yeah, I dated this one girl. Her name was Lila. We broke up years ago. Never liked her anyway, always had an attitude and whined whenever something didn't go her way." He rolled his eyes.

I suddenly feel the urge to throw up. I rush towards to bathroom and hear Adrien's footsteps running close behind me. As I open the door I feel it coming up my throat closer and closer to escaping. Once I get to the toilet I throw up. Hard. I flush the toilet, wash my hands, put a piece of gum in my mouth, and give myself a once over. I look a little rough but fine overall and I walk out. Adrien is standing outside the door with a worried expression.

"Oh my gosh, Marinette are you okay?" He asks sounding panicked.

"Yeah, I just felt a sudden urge to puke I'm not sure why." That was a lie. "I feel better now but I really just wanna go home and lie down. We can catch up later, okay?

"Sure, here's my number. Call me if you need anything." We exchange numbers and I leave telling my parents I don't feel well.

I get home change into some pajamas and lay in bed thinking about him. Soon, I fall asleep.

Wow! 1,093 words! Better than last time huh? Marinette isn't thinking about Adrien, so who could she be thinking about? Also Gabriel isn't the total A Hole dad he is in the show. He's way nicer and caring in this story.

-Lots of Love, Lanie🌸

P.s: After I write a chapter I go and read it over to catch any typos or add/delete a few words so sometimes the word count changes. The songs I put are the songs I'm listening to as I write the chapter, I totally suggest listening to them😊