The Engagement Party

(Adrien's pov)

Today is the day of me and Marinette's engagment party. Both of our parents planned the party, specifically so they could be in control of the guest list. They invited the paparazzi, some famous celebrities who we used to be old friends with like Kim who is now a professional track star and athlete, Max who went on to be a world genius, and others.

The party starts at 7, and is being held in a ballroom at a popular art gallery. This morning I went out to pick up a new tux I ordered for the party.

 This morning I went out to pick up a new tux I ordered for the party

(Mari's gonna act up when she sees him in this😖)

Right now it's only 3:30pm so I have a few hours until it starts. Nino and Alya are also invited. I know for a fact he hasn't picked up a suit yet, so I text him and ask he wants me to go out with him and look for one to waste some time. He texts back immediately saying YES DUDE HELP! I chuckle. Looks like that's what I'm gonna be doing for a while.

(Marinette's pov)

I'm so excited for today! It's the day of the engagement party and I got the perfect dress to wear. Of course I'm also excited to celebrate me and Adrien's engagement, but I really can't wait to wear the beautiful dress I got. It's a pale blue and has off the shoulder sleeves with flowers at the top. The waistline is decorated with white flowers and the dress has a slit going from the bottom to a bit higher than mid-thigh length.

 The waistline is decorated with white flowers and the dress has a slit going from the bottom to a bit higher than mid-thigh length

(Adrien is DEFINITELY gonna act up with he sees her in this😭)

It's almost 4pm and the party is at 7. I have about 3 hours to relax, then get ready. But knowing Alya, I'll have to help her get ready too so I really only have like 20 minutes to relax. The doorbell rings. I go to answer the door and it's Alya. So much for that 20 minutes. I think. The moment I open the door her eyes fly to the ring that's placed on my fourth finger.

"OMG!!! Lemme see! Lemme see!" I laugh and show her the ring.

"It's so gorgeous!"

"Thanks Alya, need help getting ready I'm guessing?"

"Uh, duh!" I invite her to come inside.

She shows me her dress. It's a two piece red mermaid style dress. It's simple but Alya can make anything look extraordinary.