Chapter 6: The Device

(3rd Person POV)

Dr. Larow {I don't know if that's how you spell her name} was walking into Empress Beatrix's throne room with her newest invention. The Dragon Snatcher. She walked through the iron doors and was met with the Empress sitting on her throne. "What is it that you wanted to show me Dr. Larow?" she asked. "My empress" the dr. said as she bowed down. "I have a new invention that I would like to test." The empress' eyes narrowed as she stood up. "Is it something that will help us capture those pesky ninja?" the empress asked, agitated at being disturbed for a simple device.

"No, but it does have other qualities that are useful." Larow said carefully. "Do tell." the empress said as she sat back down on her throne. "It can detect where dragons are, and if it's close enough to a dragon, it will take it's power to use for imperium." Larow explained. "And how, would it do that?" the empress asked, intrigued by this device.

"I put some dragon power into the machine, and the machine is able to use that power to find other dragons, and take their power." the dr. said. "And since, the ninja have dragons aboard their ship," 

"The Dragon Snatcher would lead us right to them." Beatrix finished. "I have to admit Doctor, you have outdone yourself this time." "Thank you, my empress." Larow said, grateful for such a compliment from the empress. The empress looked at her guards and said, "Summon Rapton." The guards nodded in response and left the room to go fetch the leader of the Claws of Imperium.

Soon enough, they returned with Rapton. "What is required of me, my empress?" he asked as he bowed down. "I want you to take Dr. Larow's newest invention, and use it to find the ninja, capture them, and take their dragon friends' power." Beatrix demanded. "Of course." Rapton said, excited to be able to do something to impress the "Good" Empress of Imperium. As Dr. Larow and Rapton were leaving, they were able to hear the Empress' sinister laughter. Little did they know, they would not find what they expected.

================================================================================

I'm sorry it's so short guys. I just knew that this was not going to be very long. FYI, I will not be discontinuing this story, I just won't be able to update it for the next week or two, though I will try to update when I can. I hope you can understand. Thanks for reading!

Word Count: 414