Chapter 16: The Battle of The Bounty Part 6: Nya & Zane

(I'm on a roll with updating today! Btw, Lloyd's POV will be last.)

(Nya's POV)

Lloyd had just been moved out of the room with us and I could tell that Kai was getting worried and angry. "Calm down Kai. We've been through tough situations like this before. Lloyd can handle himself as well as any of us." I told him, trying to hide the worry in my own voice. My brother sighed and said, "I know, I just.....I just don't want to see him get hurt." 

He looked down and I could tell that we had lost him to his consciousness. Kai was always so protective of me and Lloyd. He's more protective of Lloyd now and I think that it's because that this world has been so cruel to our little brother. Plus, Lloyd's still technically younger than us. When I first found out what Imperium was doing to dragons, I got worried.

Worried for the dragons, but also worried for Lloyd. What were to happen if Imperium would find out if he was part dragon. I shuddered to imagine what they'd do to him. I often times had nightmares about it. There was this one dream where in the Imperium Monastery, Lloyd didn't get out and that the Empress found out that he connected to the Source Dragon. And they were able to put the pieces together to figure out he's part dragon.

In my dream, they ran painful tests on him and tortured him for information about his ancestry, us, and our location. I had woken up after that and went to the bathroom to throw up. I don't usually have a queasy stomach, but after that dream, seeing my little brother hurt like that and treated like an animal, it made me sick. 

I sighed as I heard footsteps outside of our door. 'Probably another guard coming to interrogate us.' I thought. The door opened and I saw....Euphrasia? Kai looked up and asked her, "Did you get help?" "Well, I found Wildfire and there's fighting going on outside, so I think that it's safe to assume that Sora, Arin, and Lloyd are here." she told us. "Lloyd was already here with us after you left. We just got moved apart." Zane informed her. 

"Alright let's g-" she was suddenly interrupted by a loud scream. 'Oh FSM.' I thought. "Wh-What was that?" Euphrasia asked, stuttering. "That sounded like Lloyd!" I yelled, worry evident in my voice. Kai looked at us and yelled, "Then what are we waiting for?! Let's go!!" He ran out of the door and we had to run to keep up. 'Please let Lloyd be safe. Please let Lloyd be safe. Please let Llo-' I was snapped out of my thoughts as I saw everyone's shocked expressions.

'Oh no.' I thought. I went over to the edge of the bounty and looked down and saw Arin bleeding and....Lloyd in his oni form.

(Zane's POV)

As soon as Lloyd had been moved out of the room, I started calculating every possible escape route and outcome. I heard Kai and Nya talking, but I couldn't hear them clearly because I needed to focus on getting us a way out of here. As the door was opened, I closed my calculations so as to keep my plans a secret from the soldiers.

But instead of a soldier, it was....Euphrasia? "Did you get help?" Kai asked her. "Well, I found Wildfire and there's fighting going on outside, so I think that it's safe to assume that Sora, Arin, and Lloyd are here." she said. I then proceeded to inform her that Lloyd had already arrived.

Upon hearing this news, she said, "Alright let's g-". My audio receptors suddenly picked up a loud scream. And it was identified as....Lloyd?! "That sounded like Lloyd!" Nya yelled. "Then what are we waiting for?! Let's go!!" Kai yelled as he ran out of the room. 

We ran on up to the deck and I observed that everyone was shocked. I peered over the edge of this ship and saw that Arin was badly injured and Lloyd......was in his oni form.

Word Count: 681