Chapter 23: The Attack

"Lloyd!!!" Kai yelled as Lloyd was taken away. He struggled in his vengestone restraints as he looked to an unconscious Garmadon for answers, only to start crying, realizing his little brother was going to be used for whatever evil schemes Imperium had in store for him.

A few hours earlier....

The day started out normal, as always, but there was a looming feeling in the air that something terrible was about to happen. But for Nya, it started terrible. Nya woke up in an Imperium facility. Another one of her dreams, she presumed. She walked into the main room of the facility to see Lloyd in a cage. 

"Lord Ras, the hybrid is refusing to cooperate." Jordana told him. Lord Ras pushed a button on the main console, sending a shock to Lloyd, causing him to scream in pain. Nya winced at this. She kept reminding herself that they were only dreams, they weren't real. But then why did they feel like more? Nya woke up in her bed. She checked the time.

3:56 a.m.

She sighed as she got up and started training on the main deck. Come sunrise, the kids were also up for sunrise exercise. Lloyd walked up onto the deck. 

"Oh, hi Nya. Looks like you got a head start on training." He said to her.

"Yep." she said, trying to catch her breath.

"Well, since your already training, you mind taking over for these newbies today?" He asked her.

"Not at all." She said. She then spent most of the morning training the kids. Sora was getting better at using her powers, but she kept having to rely on Riyu. Arin was doing better at his spinjitzu, but he was discouraged. Euphrasia was able to use and understand her powers, but she still wasn't able to fight with them well. And Wyldfire was just, well, Wyldfire.

"Lunch!" Zane called from the kitchen. The kids then ran off.

"Thank the FSM." Nya mumbled to herself as she sank to the ground and rested her eyes. Suddenly, she felt the Bounty lean sideways as a blast struck the side. She quickly opened her eyes to see a fleet of Imperium ships. 

"Llo-!" She was cut off as she was struck from behind. Lloyd and the others came running out.

"Nya!" Lloyd yelled as he kicked the soldier behind her off the Bounty. Lord Ras stepped onto the Bounty.

"Surrender yourself hybrid, or your friends will face the consequences." Ras told Lloyd. 

"Get away from him you bastard!!" Kai yelled in anger as he started to fight Ras, sparking a full on battle. Lloyd saw Sora being cornered and spinjitzued his way up to her and extended a hand to help her up. 

"Thanks." She told him as she took off her headphones and pulled up her hood.

"Anytime." Lloyd replied as he pulled up his mask and began to fight. Even though they were outnumbered, the ninja were winning.

"What are you fools doing?! Get it!!" The Empress screamed to the Claws. The soldiers then focused all of their energy into capturing Lloyd. The Empress ordered for vengestone to be brought out, which caused the ninjas to not be able to use their powers, aside from Garmadon. But now, they were outmatched AND losing.

"Lloyd, go! Escape with the others! Me and Garmadon will hold them off." Kai told Lloyd as they continued to fight.

"I'm not leaving you." Lloyd replied.

"Go son." Garmadon ordered.

"But-" Lloyd was cut off as Garmadon yelled,

"Go!" With that, Nya grabbed Lloyd's wrist and dragged him to the edge of the Bounty with the kids. She was about to jump off with him, but about 7 ships flew in front of them, blocking their path. They shot Lloyd and Sora with a stun gun, knocking them unconscious. Nya then did spinjitzu, knocking 3 of them off their ships to the ground below them. She turned around to find Lloyd and the kids gone.

She panicked and ran back to the deck to find Garmadon unconscious and Kai, Arin, Wyldfire, Euphrasia, Zane, and Riyu tied up. She looked up to see Lloyd and Sora unconscious in seperate cages. She immediately ran for them, but was stopped as vengestone was shot at her. She grunted in pain as it was tied around her and she was forced to sit beside the others.

"This wouldn't have been so hard if you had just surrendered the hybrid, but because of your insolence, we will take Ana back with us and undo your brainwashing on her." The Empress told them. Nya froze in fear, realizing that her dreams were about to come true. Lloyd would be experimented on and Sora would have who knows what done to her, something Nya did NOT see coming.

"Lloyd!!!" Kai yelled as Lloyd was taken away. He struggled in his vengestone restraints as he looked to an unconscious Garmadon for answers, only to start crying, realizing his little brother was going to be used for whatever evil schemes Imperium had in store for him.

Word Count: 826