Chapter 15: The Battle of The Bounty Part 5: Kai

(Did ya'll really think I wouldn't update more today after that cliffhanger? And yes, I'm doing everyone's point of view for Lloyd's oni incident.)

(Kai's POV)

The guards had just dragged Lloyd out of where we were being held. My blood started boiling. If they did ANYTHING to hurt my little brother, they would not live to see another day. As if sensing my anger, Nya said, "Calm down Kai. We've been in tough situations like this before. Lloyd can handle himself as well as any of us."

I sighed. "I know, I just....I just don't want to see him get hurt." I told her. The world had hurt Lloyd enough over these past few years. First his parents abandoning him. Him feeling guilty over the whole serpentine thing back when he was eight. Becoming the green ninja. I honestly would do anything to change the words I said that day so that Lloyd didn't have to go through all that pain. Him having to lose his childhood, having to fight his dad, his power being drained by the overlord, losing Zane, me betraying him.

Even though I was just pretending, Lloyd thought that it was real. It broke my heart to see the look in his eyes. Then there was him having to lose his dad, Morro possessing him and tormenting him, Harumi betraying him. Even though she changed sides, I still won't let her anywhere near Lloyd, even to apologize. She doesn't deserve to see him. (Sorry to all you Llorumi shippers out there.)

His dad being resurrected and almost killing him, losing his powers, thinking that we were dead when we went to the First Realm, having to fight his dad again, thinking that we lost Cole, him practically dying after the Tornado of Creation, losing Zane again, dying in Prime Empire, losing Nya. That really took a tole on him. I was so worried that he told me that he had tried to kill himself after we lost her. After that I never left him alone in a room with sharp objects.

He's gotten better though, especially after he took on Arin and Sora. He may try to deny it, but he sees them as his kids no doubt and they see him as their father. After we got Nya back, his sanity went downhill. Finding out Harumi was alive really affected him. Also our life signal going out after Harumi collapsed the subway tunnel on us. He really thought we were dead. He still hasn't told me what his reaction was to it.

Then finding out that the Overlord's back, seeing his father again, having to train to use his oni form, thinking that he lost his dad AGAIN. I still don't forgive Garmadon for that. It's just cruel. Then, there was the merge. He was alone for YEARS. He told me that being alone really affected his mental health. He didn't say it outright, but I could tell in the way he talked and looked, that he had hurt himself during that time. It wouldn't surprise me if he attempted suicide again during that time either.

He said he hadn't left the monastery much, only to close mergequakes, get food, and to scout for other things. But him being around Arin and Sora, it made me happy to see him have a genuine smile again. He may have smiled before that, but I could tell that it was fake. I think it's actually the happiest I've ever seen him since before we found out he was the green ninja. I'm glad those kids are around. But I could tell that if one of them was injured, he would definitely kill whoever hurt them.

I must have been lost in thought, because I hadn't even heard the door open. I looked up and Euphrasia stepped into the room. "Did you get help?" I asked her. "Well, I found Wildfire and there's fighting going on outside, so I think it's safe to assume that Sora, Arin, and Lloyd are here." she told us as she got us out of the vengestone.

"Lloyd was already here with us after you left. We just got moved apart." Zane told her. "Alright let's g-" she was cut off as we heard someone scream, and my stomach lurched as I recognized who it belonged to. "Wh-what was that?" Euphrasia asked, stumbling over her words. "It sounded like Lloyd." Nya said quickly, with worry evident in her voice. 

"Then what are we waiting for?! Let's go!!" I yelled at them as I ran out of the room. I swear to the FSM if Lloyd's hurt-. I was pulled out of my thoughts as we got to the deck, because everybody wore a shocked expression. I wen over to the railing and saw...

'Shit! Arin's bleeding out and...oh FSM, Lloyd....he is in his...oni form.'

Word Count: 802