Chapter 21: Recovery & Explanations

{Art belongs to Gold07Arts on DeviantArt}

(Lloyd's POV)

As soon as I opened my eyes I saw bright lights all around me. I sat up and felt that my entire body was sore. "Why do I feel like shit?" I asked, not realizing I spoke out loud. "Who taught you that word?" I looked up to see my father sitting on the edge of the bed.

"Umm, Kai?" I said nervously. "I'm gonna have a word with him." he said. "Anyway, how are you feeling?" "My whole body is sore." I told him. "And what even happened? Last thing I remember was fighting Imperium and then..." I trailed off as the memories of the past two hours came back to me. 'Arin.' I thought. "Where's Arin?! Is he okay?!" I practically yelled as I got ready to stand up. My father put his hand out to stop me and said "One, your nindroid friend patched him up and he's healing. Two, you're not feeling well yourself. And three, do you remember what happened after Arin was hurt?" 

"No? Did I black out or something?" I asked him, slightly confused. He sighed. "After he was hurt, you ran over to him. You were so worked up that you didn't even realize he was alive, and.....that caused you to turn into your oni form....in front of everybody. And then Imperium might've realized that you're part dragon." He told me.

"Wait! Everybody saw?! Even the kids?" I asked worridly. "When I say everybody, that means everybody. Don't panic though, because I think that pink haired girl is more upset at me for hurting you back at Kryptarium, considering your my son and all." He said. He took a deep breath and yelled, "And what were you thinking going after Imperium! Now that they've realized your heritage, they will be going after you!" 

"I'll figure it out okay! And if I remember correctly, you're the one who told Rapton we wouldn't be surrendering!" I yelled as I stood up.

"It was the truth!" 

"Well I-" Our arguement was suddenly interrupted from a knock on the door. I walked over and opened the door. "Is this a bad time?" Arin asked as Sora helped support him. "Arin!" I yelled as I went toward him and hugged him. I crouched down and asked, "Are you okay? And Sora, are you hurt?" "I'm feeling better thanks." Arin said. "I'm fine," Sora said "But, would you mind telling us what happened back there?!" 

I looked behind them to see that everyone had gathered by the door. "Uh, sure." I answered as I opened the door. I saw Kai and my father glare at eachother upon seeing one another. Kai hates my father for being a bad parent to me, and my father hates Kai because he thinks that Kai's a bad influence on me. 

I sat down on the bed. "Alright, um, make yourselves comfortable, I guess. It's gonna be a long story." I told the kids. "You want help boogers?" Kai asked me. "One, yes that would be nice. And two, I thought I told you to stop calling me that." I told him as he sat down on the bed. "I'll help too." Nya said as she sat down on the other side of me. I looked back and saw Zane and my father sitting on chairs behind the kids.

"Okay, so, where to start?" I asked, mostly talking to myself. I looked up at everyone. "So, I'm just gonna say it. I'm part oni and dragon and human."

"Wait, so let me get this straight, you're a dragon?!" Wildfire yelled.

"Well, part dragon, actually." I said.

Wildfire suddenly got up, ran to me and tackled me. "Dragon hugs!!!" she yelled. "Okay okay, can you get off me now?" I asked laughing. "Go sit back down kid." Kai told her. She went back down to the floor next to Euphrasia.

"How are you part oni and dragon?" Sora asked, "Aren't they sworn enemies or something?"

"I don't really get it either." I told them, "My grandfather, the First Spinjitzu Master, was born of oni and dragons, so I don't really know."

"Why didn't you tell us?" Arin asked. I looked down at my feet, unsure how to put the answer into words. Then, Nya spoke up for me, "Well, you guys know how the oni do a lot of bad things and people think that they're monsters?"

The children nodded. "Well, Lloyd was worried that if people found out, they would think think the same thoughts about him." I suddenly felt someone hugging me. I looked up and saw that Sora had gotten up and came over to me.

"We'd never think of you like that." she said sadly. The others came over and hugged me to, as well as Zane, Kai, and Nya. I looked over at my father. He looked at us and said, "Fine." He came over to us and joined the group hug. 

"Thanks guys." I said.

Word Count: 822